Any suggestions for a machine gun / silencer combo for around $5,000?

Mac 10 with a Gemtech viper is about your only option in that price range.

Viper-L.jpg

For that budget, I'd look into a MAC 11/9 with Lage upper and a SWR Trident 9 suppressor. I have a friend with that combo and it is a very nice setup. The gun and upper combo can be had for around $4k and the Trident is around $600. Add the $400 for transfer fees and you are at your $5k budget right on the nose.

Also, you probably won't find a local dealer with much inventory, so you'll have to find one on your own and use the local guy to do the transfer. Look at www.subguns.com and www.sturmgewehr.com

Have you used one of the Lage uppers? I remember hearing about them several years ago when everything was pre-production and waiting listed, but haven't heard anything since. If they work, I'd like one for my M11/9.

I LOVED my Max-11 upper. I say loved because I had to sell it when my car died unexpectedly :( Mr. Lage's product put the MAC style guns into an entirely different class. I like it better than the Uzi I used to have. Was going to buy a Trident for it - even talked to Bryon at Major Malfunction about getting one. Then life happened and I had to have some quick cash. I do have to say that I get a lot more use and joy out of my G35 sedan than I did out of the subgun :cool:

Back