Any Sig P220 fans out there?

TCW

I'm getting a NIB "W. German" P220 (.45). What general praises can you say about this gun? I liked the H&K too, but the 220 felt better in my hand. The Sig is supposedly not as durable (alloy, blued), so my choice has been difficult...However, I'm pretty set on the Sig.

Price: $500 NIB 2 mags

Has anyone shot +p ammo through it?

Thanks for the input,
TCW

It is a decent handgun. I think you will like it. In my opinion, +P ammo should be used moderately and you will be ok. I don't think you should shoot A LOT of +P's through it though.

DECENT!! IMO, it's the finest DA 45 on the market today. And that includes all the somewhere-in-between trigger type pistols. It's certainly a hard choice between the USP45 and the P-220. I've had both and it's almost a tossup. Your alloy frame will hold up just fine as long as you don't overdue it in +P usage. I'm not so sure you need +P fodder in a 45 anyway. I've got a new P-220 "beefed up" for +P ammo and I still use standard velocity 185gr Golden Sabres. A blued P-220 is like any other blued handgun. They need a little extra care. A quick wipe with some Shealth and you're all set. In the early nineties I had a P-220 and should have NEVER traded it. Many 45's came and went but I came back to the very best. Excellent choice and have fun, J. Parker

A super handgun.Accurate and dependable.I shoot a lot of smi wads in mine.I allso for an experment loaded some dummy rds in full wadcutters.They feed perfectly.
You will be happy

IMHO, the Sig P220 is one the best DA/SA Modern pistols made. Will fire anything you feed it, easy to strip and clean, and very accurate.

If you can get one, buy it!!

hold on there, young sportsman! where on earth did you find it NIB for $500? I'd say your decision should be made right there!

the 220 is for all intents and purposes my first pistol; I carry it daily and shoot a hundred rounds or so every week. I've gotten to the point where I can hit pretty well with it, or perhaps I should say I've gotten to the point where I feel confident in my ability to defend myself with it. I like having a decocker, and, of course, the trigger's pretty great.

Ask Ala Dan about the P220. You'll only need a day or so to read all of his praises of the P220. (Oops, sorry Dan; P220A :))

Any gun fed a steady diet of +P ammo will suffer accelerated wear.

I like the SIG P220 better than any other semi-auto .45.

Enjoy!

I traded my Glock 21 for my P220. It is the best DA/SA .45 i have ever shot. It fights my CZ-75B for range time and ammo money. Get it while you can and you will be very happy.

I will make this short.

You have the chance to buy a P-220 for $500 NIB?

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WAITING FOR!!!!!!! IS THERE A MAJOR MALFUNCTION HERE WITH YOU!

Just kidding:) Did I convince you though?

If you decide not to buy it, a simple gun shop name and number would be great. Thanks!

Jason

I just got one and love it.

I shoot it better than my beloved G30 and the accuracy is wonderful.
Oh, did I mention I paid $350? I is a late 80's cop gun with holster wear, but little internal wear. I think I got a good deal. :D

Mikey

Hee Haw

Another Sig owner!!! Whoopee!!!! My friend blades 67 is exactly right; the Sig P220A is the "rolls royce" of fine
firearms. I sleep, eat, work, and ______________ (fill in
the blank) with my P220A in .45ACP. By the way, there are
two versions, P220A (for American style magazine release)
and the P220E (for the European style, or "heel" style
magazine release). I can't say enough good thing's about
this weapon. If I had the opportunity to have a room full
of $100 dollar bills, or a room filled with NIB Sig P220A's;
hell, I probably would take the weapons. * No, just kidding
of course; but if you are in doubt about this weapons claim
to fame, try one out!!!:D:) Truly fantastic, is about the
only words I can use to describe the experience. I hope
that each person who owns a P220 (A or E) will wrap their
arms around it, and love it like you would your wife.

WOW, I'm excited-
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Ala Dan,
I'm humbled by your enthusiasm...I feel guilty for having any doubts! Can you tell by the link if it's an "A" or an "E"?

P220 RULES!!! :D

It's definitely a 220A...

...as you can tell by the mag release just behind the trigger guard. ;)

My favorite gun shop rec'd a new 220A yesterday; it's priced at $699 [and I know wholesaler cost is way above $505!].

You're going to really like that pistol...

TCW

Congrat's on your purchase of the P220.:D You got a really
good deal, at $505.00!!!:) Heck, I gave $639.95 + 8% sales
tax for mine in March of 1995. Framed mounted magazine release model's will always be the P220A. Now, go enjoy
your new acquistion.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Back