Any shooters from Houston, would like to meet at Top Gun??

George PT-111

I don't know that many people in Houston who shoot for fun, so if any one would like to meet up sometmes someday, lets keep this thread open.

George,
NOT at Top Gun or any other indoor shooting range BUT if you want to meet at an outdoor pistol range, let me know. I regularly shoot at Carter's outdoor range on Treaschwig in north Houston.

I'm in San Antonio, but I drive the 181 miles to Houston (and back) 3 or 4 times a week for work, so it's no biggie.

I usually work weekends and have Monday-Tuesday off. Are you available these days?

Yeah, I mean I can go pretty much any day, Iam going to upstate NY next week, but when I come back lets definatly go shoot. I prefer the inside ranges, this one is cool it has electrical target thingy.

Quote: "Is there a reason why you don't like the indoor ranges?"

1. Claustrophobia bothers me in indoor ranges. This alone stops me but also have two other reasons.

2. Concern over breathing lead contaminated air DESPITE ventilation systems.

3. I only shoot cast lead bullets which are not allowed in most indoor ranges.

Houston Shooters

George;
I also frequent the range at Carters Country in Spring. But I'm flexible and willing to try out other ranges. Let me know when you are going shooting next and I will try to make it.
Jeff

Top Gun isn't too far from where I live, but it's pretty pricey to shoot there from what I remember. Marksman Indoor Range in south Houston (about a 20 minute drive) is the cheapest place that I've found at $8.

Houston Meet

Stephen and George;
Check out Thunder Ranch in Porter. They have a outdoor range and charge $10.00 per gun/shooter. They also have IDPA on Wed 06:00 PM. Not to shaby.
Jeff

Ya'll haven't mentioned American Shooting Center in George Bush park way out on Westheimer. It's a pretty decent range, except their touchy on NFA toys. Plus with a military ID it's free everyday for all the toys you can carry.

I dunno, I like TopGun 'cuse it's near by. It's not worth for me to go on a 30min ride to save $5. ANyway, going shooting tomorrow anyone interested in meeting up, I think this time I will actually have a buddy from work :)

Back