Any SF Bay Area gun shops with Mauser/Mosin-Nagant inventory?

emcon5

I am getting the itch to add another rifle I don't need to my collection, but don't have a C&R FFL. The closest local gun shop, Irvington Arms in Fremont, used to have a decent inventory, but currently they only have a couple Arisakas.

Big 5 sporting goods usually has one or 2, but they seem overpriced, with a Yugo 24/47 currently on sale for $250. They also have the saddest M1 Garand I have ever seen, with no finish left, and the bargain price of $800.:rolleyes:

Are the any gun stores left in the SF Bay area that have any inventory of military bolt rifles?

Thanks,

Tom

Guns Fishing and Other Stuff in Vacaville usually have a few Mausers and Mosins when I go. But, it would be a bit of a drive for you and I've never checked prices.

C and R

This is exactly why I got my C&R. It's only $30 bucks and is well worth it. You may want to consider it. Saves a lot of hassle when you have the 'itch to buy'.

This isnt what you want to hear but...

As a fellow C&R collector and a frequent traveler of the whole north coast I would tell you to go on a little road trip to Diamond Jims in Ukiah. Its a 2 hour drive but hey! they have a good deli too.:D

Big5 is currently selling 91/30s for $100 here in West Texas - maybe they're doing so in California.

ramosthompson said:
This is exactly why I got my C&R. It's only $30 bucks and is well worth it. You may want to consider it. Saves a lot of hassle when you have the 'itch to buy'.
Leaning that way, in fact I ordered the forms last week.

jsmaye said:
Big5 is currently selling 91/30s for $100 here in West Texas - maybe they're doing so in California.
They are, in the current ad flier. I will go look at what they have.

I did go to 2 south bay shops, and came away unimpressed. The Gun Exchange in San Jose had a selection, there were some Nagants, a SMLE and some I couldn't identify from the distance/angle (Arisakas maybe). There was one K98k on the counter they wanted >$800 for. I couldn't see the prices on the others, and the staff actively ignored me the whole time I was there.

I also went to the Bay Area Gun Vault in Mt View, and they had a few. They wanted $500 for a Yugo Mauser, and had a Persian "Camel Carbine" they wanted ~$850 for. Cool little rifle, but not $850 cool (and I bet it kicks like an angry mule). There was a M44 Nagant on the shelf, I think the price said $175, which isn't too bad. They were friendly and helpful at least, and their prices on new guns seemed normal, maybe I just don't have a realistic expectation of how much the old warhorses are worth retail.

Thanks,

With the acquisition of a BATFE Curio and Relic FFL (for $30), you can buy $100 Mosins and $250 German Mausers online and have them shipped directly to your house. No licensed dealer needed.

Not for sale, but last week I examined a pristine Westinghouse made M91. I have to re-examine the cartouches and dig out more of my books to learn more about the gun. Apparently it never got to the Tsar's army or the Kerensky government and when the Reds took over, the US government prohibited any further exportation of arms. This gun never left the country. Here's the notes I took on the rifle: Receiver is marked, “New England,” “Westinghouse,” “Company,” “1917” “1273201" Bolt is also marked “1273201.” Appears unfired.

Back