Any serial # lists available on the internet?

customfret

I'm curious about the date of manufacture of a Colt Python # T251XX, & have been trying to find a listing on the internet somewhere. I see on the Colt page that I can send them $60 & they'll look it up...:rolleyes: Surely SOMEBODY has some kind of listing by the year. That's all I wanted to know. Is it a 60's, 70's or 80's?????

Good Grief!

I'm new to this gun business, but deal with vintage fretted musical instruments and all the manufacturers have published serial # lists with the beginning number of each year so instruments can be dated. Surely firearm makers have published their serial #'s somewhere... ?????

I'd like to find some references to years by serial number of specific guns. The lists at the above referenced site only identifies model number manufacturing years.

It's set up by serial number for Winchester, I guess S&W model #'s were close enough for me. BTW, I can't take credit, the link was posted here at TFL about a year ago. I forget who put it up, but glad they did. Wish there were more sites like that one, firearms information seems to be pretty stingy compared to anything alse that you search for on the www.

Back