Any recommendations for cleaning problem?

Glockgreat23

I am cleaning a new pistol barrel with the 200 rounds I put through it last weekend. I simply cannot get a clean patch after brushing. I've used hoppes 9, slipp Carbon killer, and Kroil. I've put on new brushes thinking it was the brush itsel. So I brush, clean with hoppes, then let it sit 20 min. I run a few patches through until they come out clean, then brush again, and the next patch come out very dark, not just light traces. Any ideas how to get this thing clean once and for all?

I run a few patches through until they come out clean, then brush again, and the next patch come out very dark, not just light traces. Any ideas how to get this thing clean once and for all?
Don't overthink it.
Stop at the first clean patches

It's a 9mm. And yes, I know it's clean enough, just bugs me that crap keeps coming out of it. Last night I ran a brush full of blue wonder down the bore, let it sit half an hour, then ran hoppes till it came out clean. Might be as clean as it can get

And yes, I know it's clean enough, just bugs me that crap keeps coming out of it.
Unless you cleaned your brushes well, you're just transferring the "dirt" from the brush back to the barrel, then to the patches.

Stop up the muzzle, fill the barrel with solvent and leave it for a half hour or more. Gives the solvent time to work.
However, like Snyper says, don't overthink it. It's not a dinner plate.

You can also chuck an old rod in the cordless drill with a brush on it and run it back and forth through the barrel several times. That can really loosen any stubborn buildup and make cleaning a little bit easier.

Back