any recommendations for an A2 build kit

tahunua001

so I'm looking at putting together a cheap but reliable A2 to go around a stripped lower I just got a decent deal on. the problem is, A2 style builds are apparently for old men, and comic con nerds because I can't seem to find one anywhere. I've been waitlisting one from PSA for over 6 months now, and I think it's time to accept that it's never going to come back in stock again. anyone know of any that are budget friendly and in-stock?

and before you get all brand snobby, I have plenty of safe queens. frumpy and functional is all I'm needing.

You might need to buy the parts separately. A2 complete uppers seem to be always out of stock.

Beware of A2 buttstocks, there’s some cheesy ones out there.
The realistic ones are a weird porous plastic that has a slight grey look.

I'm actually planning on throwing some wood furniture on so the quality of the plastic isn't so much a concern so much as proper tolerances of the stuff it bolts to.

Check bear Creek arsenal for complete upper. It is cheap and it works good enough.

I have one A2 put together. In retrospect I would get an A1 butt stock instead of A2. A2 is just a bit too long a pull for me.

An A2 usually doesn't do great in accuracy. Mine is doing 1.5 - 2 moa. Occasionally it does better than 1moa for reason unknown.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

this is my first time hearing about Bear Creek Arsenal. anyone have experience with both them and other economy companies like PSA or DPMS? enough to offer a comparison? they don't offer a true A2, but at this point I'm starting to accept that I'm going to be stuck going with a flat top+bolt on carry handle and they are a bit cheaper than PSA assuming the quality is about the same.

I actually prefer flat top. I can't have the real A2 anyway. It is select fire.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

sadly you speak truth, I suppose I should clarify that I'm talking about A2 style/pattern build. not exactly willing to pay the freedom tax and file the paperwork to build myself a true m16A2.
I realize the flat top is more versatile, I have 5 other ARs and all are flat top. the carry handle upper is because I'm after a very specific aesthetic and the pici-mount handle is very noticeable.

A few years ago I bought an M-16 parts kit, they were from Israelie issued guns from the 1970’s. Triangle handguards and all. I put together a nice semiauto version on a new AR-15 lower. It looks just like what I was issued in the 70’s, even has the arms room number written on the stock with white out. You might find one of those kits around, but last time I saw one they were over $600.

I’m tempted to get the receiver from bushmaster that I posted above.
I’ve been wanting to assemble an A2 clone.
But then an A4 clone would be a bit easier to do.
AeroPrecision does some cool U.S. clone lowers.

Back