any recommendation on BATES tactical boots ?

Lotzinger

I think about purchasing the adidas GSG9-tacticals since months, but now I found the BATES-tactical-boots on the web (botachtactical.com) ... does anyone have experience with BATES ?

I know the adidas-boots well, but they are expensive (200$).
The BATES are traded at 59$ ...

dedicated use:
only range and competition shooting (ppc, ipsc).

where did you find the GSG-9 boots? i have a pair of blackhawk boots and they are so great, very comfortable, try some on, you will agree!

Lotzinger,
As to bates boots; don't do that to your feet.... Matterhorn or Danner, If budgets dont permit, Magnums are better

If you have the $ then get the Danners or Matterhorns, they are the best of the best. check out ebay for some, they have some on there that look pretty new.:cool:

Your mileage may vary...

Personally, I've never had any luck with Bates, you might since fit and feel are such an individual thing.

As for quality, I'll second the motion for Danners or Matterhorns. I routinely wear Danner Ft. Lewis boots on duty and they have repeatedly proven to be the best combination of comfort and durability that I've found to date. Friends of mine report similar experiences with Matterhorns.

That said, I've been looking to try on a pair of GSG9-tacticals. I'm looking for a replacement when my Rocky 911's finally die.

Regards

I've owned Bates and Magnum boots, but no boot I've ever worn is more comfortable than the Adidas GSG9, including tactical boots, hiking boots, work boots and hunting boots. It's like wearing a high top running shoe.

Hate to rub it in but I bought my GSG9 boots at the Adidas outlet store here in the Orlando area. They occasionally will get in a shipment of GSG9s, but they don't last long at $49.95.

Mark / FL

I have a pair of fairly nice Bates boots (Vibram sole, canvas/leather) and I like them. However, my only other boots are all-leather Timberlands (also nice, but heavy and too hot for summer), so I can't compare with Danner or the other frequently recommended brands. I will say that too big is better than too small, and it helps to choose your socks wisely.

I noticed that Brigade Quartermasters just started carrying the Bates side-zip models.

I've never seen the Adidas boots, let alone tried them, but I can't believe they are better than the boots put out by Original Swat.

On a tip from this board, I bought a pair of the OS 8" zipperside boots and I simply cannot believe the steal I got. I was using the Magnums, but they were junk and didn't last more than a year.

Understand that I work from an armored car and am walking/climbing all day long, usually under a load. A good boot has to be comfortable and well-built to last me any time at all. With the magnums, I saw a busted zipper in the first few months, and the padding seemed to go flat not long after. Seams were coming open and the fit was never that great.

With the Original Swat boots, I'm still wearing the pair I first bought because of this forum. That was two years ago! I know it must sound hard to believe, but aside from tread wear, my OS boots show nothing more than some minor scuffing on the toes!

When I first put these babies on in the store, the fit was unbelieveably good. I've never had a boot fit sooooo well. Then I saw the bounce in the heavy padding and knew they would be comfortable over the long day.

Two years and my boots would still be in service if the tread wasn't almost gone. Two years of constant use (I don't wear tennis/dress shoes often if at all) and they are perfectly serviceable. Two years and the zippers never failed once.

Two years have passed and I didn't hesitate to buy another pair.

Get a pair of these. They are the most comfortable boots I've ever used for work and everyday. I usually go through 3 pairs of work boots a year, I just chucked a pair of these after 3 years! They were still waterproof too, the leather finally gave out and the bottoms were gone. I bought 3 more pairs when I could find them so I'd have them. They have been hard to find, and prices vary between $75-$200. Last pair I got at the link below for $120. The boy at Eagle is good to deal with.

http://www.4eaglemil.com/boots.htm

I had a pair of Bates side zips and they where some of the most comfortable boots I've owned, up until the ladder truck rolled over on of them. Interestingly enough despite being run over by a 25+ ton truck the ballistic nylon toes didnt give way. they did however shift into an unrepairable postion inside the boot. www.galls.com usually has good prices on Bates boots.

Mike

FWIW Botach just e-mailed that they have the GSG9 on sale for $139...

I have a pair of Bates Enforcers coming from them today.

Back