Any reason to carry a P232 instead of a G26?

elector

Among the guns I own, I've narrowed my choice of a personal carry gun to either a SIG P232 or a Glock 26. Both are good guns. AFAIK their length, width, and height is the same within a fraction of an inch. Empty, the SIG weighs only about 3 or 4 ounces less than the Glock. But the Glock has a substantially more effective cartridge.

So, the Glock sounds to me like the winner. But am I missing something that would commend the P232?

I'd appreciate any opinions, for or against either choice. TIA.

Carry the Glock...it holds more rounds (and more powerful rounds).

The Sig P232 is so nice looking...why would you want to put holster wear on it? Use it as a plinker! ;)

The question is can you compare an obsolete .32 ACP to a state of the art 9mm heralded by Chuck Taylor and the like?

There are few accessories for the P232. Now the P239 would be a better choice.

But there is no comp.

Heck no!

G26 is more powerful, has less kick than .380 Sig

However, the Sig may well carry better, being more streamlined. I'd go with a G26 unless deep cover is necessary, as practice with a blowback aloy .380 would be painful.

No I can't think of any reason. I was showing the Sig to my wife, as a possible carry auto. (she carries a revolver currently.) She too rejected it in favor of the G26.

Of course there is a reason to carry the Sig 380 over the G26 9mm. What if you shoot the Sig much better? Do you shoot the Sig DA trigger better than the Glock safe action trigger? Is the Sig grip better suited to your hand? No gun is best for all people. Anyone who recommends a certain manufacturer's guns over all others needs to open their eyes!!!!!

BTW, I carry a G26...

I sold a Sig232 for the simple reason I looked at it one day and realized I had a 26 that was the same size, nearly the same weight and held more powerful ammo and more of it..Sold it and got a 45-70 Guide Gun for home defense. Yes, I still have my right shoulder... Get a 26 or a Kahr.

Difficult question

At first it seems to be a simple answer -- go for the power, that is until you hold the Sig in your hand. I am not sure that I have ever held a gun that is so ergonomically designed and balanced as a P232. The design alone makes me more accurate with the Sig, hence, that's what I carry.

Back