Any pictures of pistol bore?

Venom1956

Does anyone have some good pictures of their used pistol bores? Autos or Revolvers, Stainless or blued. I'd just like to compare mine to others to make sure I am cleaning sufficiently.

Safe to say once a gun has a few rounds fired through, it is considered 'used'. Are you asking to see a pic of a cleaned bore?

No luck so far huh? Chris if you get around to it I'd really appreciate it. Doesn't have to be anything fancy.

I something on one side of each rifling that is darker and less shiny then the rest of the bore. I thought It was copper fouling but I can't seem to remove it with normal cleaning. So I thought I'd check here and see if its just burnt on residue (copper or lead build up perhaps?) or something usual/normal or something I should examine further. Since I clean all my guns the same I don't really have a control that has been cleaned differently (tools/chemicals) and I know that my unfired bores look totally different because they are well unfired? ;)

Last edited:
tell us what kind of gun you have, and you may even get a picture of the same bore, at least i'll see what i can do.

the first two are a 9x19, if you look at the front view you can see some leading, this barrel has over 2000 rounds through it

the other two are a taurus 357, it has very shallow rifling, was difficult to get a good pic that showed the grooves, but barrell has less tha 6-700 through it

Back