Any opinions on this gun?

kenny53

Marlin Model XT-22M .22 Magnum Rimfire 22 Blued Barrel Adjustable Open Rear Sight Walnut-Finished Hardwood Stock Profire Adjustable Trigger.

I don't have one of those, but I like my semi auto Marlin M922. It never jammed on me, was pretty accurate, and I put down quite a few coyotes with mine.

I have one with a synthetic stock. A very reliable accurate 22 magnum at an affordable price. I have shot 100s of rounds through it, and I let my daughter practice at the range with it. She loves it.

I have an older version. I like it.
As a cheap, simple tool, one would expect it to be considered expendable. But I don't intend to ever sell mine. I have heirlooms that I'd let go of first...

The newer triggers are far superior to past versions.

I have the .22 LR version with a tube mag and in stainless... worst .22 I own. Its accuracy is terrible, I've tried all sorts of ammo and the best it gets is 2 inches at 50 yards... my Ruger Charger does 1/2" at 50 with standard velocity, 1" or better with the hotter stuff, Mossberg Plinkster also better.

The stock on the XT-22's is the cheapest feeling polymer I've ever felt. I know polymer is nothing to praise, but I never felt like the stock on the Mossberg was cheap, the molded checkering always felt solid and crisp, but the Marlin feels like nylon fabric.

The open sights are awful, but the good news is Tec-Sights makes replacement sights for it, but these XT's are meant to be shot with scopes, not sights. The triggers are good, but meaningless when the gun is inaccurate.

If you want a .22 Mag, I would buy a Ruger instead.

Well, Truth Tellers, I think there is something wrong with your Marlin. Maybe you could send it back to Marlin to fix.
Did that, came back exactly the same and I'm not gonna bother having to wait around for UPS to pick it up and drop it off more than once. If Marlin can't make it right the first or second time, then they can't make it right period.

I recommend everyone avoid Marlin (and Remington for that matter) altogether. Can't trust them.

Back