Any one know of an illegal way of obtaining an assault rifle in California?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please define "assault rifle". However the answer is...... any way but the legal way, which as near as I can tell does not exist.

Just to be sure call Don Perata and ask him for some help. He is in the Oakland, CA phone book.

My Ex-wife ran off with her boyfriend and my guns and went to Californicate.
if you can find her- steal the AR15 HBAR(pre ban) I used to have. I believe thats still illegal and would fit your criteria.
If you get the other guns too, I would take them back. i miss them

buy a stripped lower (thats still legal)
then assemble it (thats illegal)
at some CA Gunshows last week, there were dealers selling AR's with hacked off pistol grips

depending on who interprets the law
that could be illegal

dZ

Why would you need to get one illegally?
My understanding of CA is that they are available on any street corner waiting to leap into the hands of children and criminals in order to decimate the population and work their will on weak minds.
I would think you could just catch one, perhaps with a suitable net.

PS- Once caught, I understand that if you remove their evil features they will be tame.

Just think about doing something evil. The nearest assault rifle should come to life and seek you out. At least that's what Bill Lockyear says.

What kind of question is this?

At this point in time, obtaining an "assault weapon" via any method is illegal (according to our masters). The field is wide open.

You can still, legally, purchase Curio and Relic SKS's at this time (saw a few in the stores recently). I believe that only the Romanian ones qualify at this time.

You can buy a M1 Garand through the CMP and as any WWII vet can tell you, it's not an "assault weapon." Really, no detachable mag, no AW.

Wonder if I can still buy a FN-49 since it has a fixed, 10-rnd, mag...

You might as well forget about finding an "illegal" firearm at a gunshow! All the shows I attend have got LEGITIMATE Dealers who use the NICS, and because the shows are on weekends your chances of taking the gun home that day are small.
Why would you, or anybody else for that matter, want something that's going to be nothing but trouble? Unless you ARE a criminal, or just a Fed trying to find a criminal among US.
Go ask a crack dealer!
Sorry if you are legit, and just asking a question, but I don't think the good people of TFL are into illegal weapons.

------------------
Screw the Anti's!!

Thanks, Outlaw.
-----

Magnumforce,

It is against TFL policy to condone or encourage illegal activity of ANY kind, especially if it is related to firearms.

I suggest you re-think your situation and comply with applicable laws. If you have any questions, my e-mail address is above for your convenience.
-------

All,

When questions or viewpoints are raised which involve breaking the law, please advise one of the Administrators immediately.

Thank you. This thread is closed.

Dennis

[This message has been edited by Dennis (edited January 16, 2000).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back