Any NYC TFLers in the house?

NIGHTWATCH

Rich said that this is the place to find out whats on the calender for the regional area. I wanted to find out if there were any TFL members in NYC specifically. The purpose? A meeting at Calverton range on long island. Ya know, shoot, eat a few sandwiches and just get a chance to meet some people. ;) Anybody? :rolleyes:

Try the New Jersey shoot put on by Ray Woodrow a couple of threads down.

Buckeye is a far better place than the sand pit at calverton.

Jersey has got some tricky laws. I don't get all warm and fuzzy thinking about a fellony for each hollow point, or that wierdness about Semi Auto long guns. A NY TFL gathering might be fun if held in a more gun friendly local than NJ or Long Island.
With permits from 7 states I can CCW in 25 states and New Joisie ant one of 'em. That makes it a NO GO zone.

In New York non permit holders cannot shoot handguns! I am not about to check everybody's permit.

One of the great things about TFL gatherings is the ability to shoot other members guns. We can do that in New Jersey.

And don't try to CCW through NYC!

Besides at Calverton we do not have the range to ourselves, will have to share it with others.

If you have questions, ask Ray, he is well versed on NJ gun laws.

Hmmm.....Im stumped. Going to jersey would not be a NYC thing. You dont sound happy with long island. I would have been taking a shotgun so traveling through L.I. wouldnt be a problem, but I understand your concerns as well. Well, if any of us come up with something, post. :rolleyes:

Nightwatch I would seriously consider attending Ray Woodrow's shoot in NJ. You might end up shooting quite a variety of firearms.

His place is not that difficult to get to, right off the Garden State Parkway. Same road you use to get to Atlantic City:D

You will meet TFL'ers from all over. We even have one who comes from Virginia!

I shoot at Calverton occasionally. Usually in the cooler months. That sand pit can be brutal in the summer.

I travel through NJ all the time with my guns. As long as you have them secured and the ammo separate and locked up they will not bother you.

Since this shoot is a handgun shoot, and you probably do not have one, Perhaps you could arrange to use someone else's and provide your own ammo.

I will have a variety of handguns and between Myself, Ray, Rovert and Soda Pop you should find something you will like. :D

Besides, Ray is an excellent instructor:D

NIGHTWATCH......

We get together twice a year at Buckeye and about 4 times a year at Water and Wings in P.A. At Buckeye we have the range to ourselves all day. I hold the pistol/shotgun and SodaPop holds the pistol/rifle/shotgun at his club. In N.J., don't bring any hollow points, have your ammo and guns locked up seperately and in the trunk, go directly to the shoot and directly home again and you will be O.K. Can you be stopped? Sure. Drive the speed limit or what traffic is doing and you should be fine. K80GEOFF has been down for 2 or 3 shoots and hasn't had a problem. The range is a private one used by members and their guests. Any questions feel free to ask. Hope you can make it down. We have a blast! That invite goes out to all NYC TFLers who are legal to buy and possess firearms.

Sorry for being off of the boards the last couple of days. My son decided to share his strep throat with me and it's been terrible!:(

Yes, Rays shoots come highly recommended.. They are loads of fun.. I can't wait for the one coming up. Ill have a new firearm that Ill bet not many of you have seen and even less have held or shot:)
Care to guess??

Frank

Damn Geoff.. Howd you know!!??
LOLOL

nope.. heres a hint..
American made.. Its a combination of 2 distinct firearm designs.. That shold narrow it down:)

Frank

update.. Just picked up this mystery gun about 3 hours ago:) :)
VERYYY nice.. Can't wait to shoot it.. The guy at the gun shop has never seen one.. :)

Any more guessess??

Frank

Hint.. Its stainless and aluminum.. Mag is a 10 shot..

This guessing game stuff must be a new thing.

Go ahead FlyinGN stick it to him. Give him a hard time.

I wanna see Geoff get stressed and lose his cool.:D

K80Geoff.....

Be carefull! It sounds like a new super weapon that he is going to use to defeat you in the police qual on the 24th. He would have at least tied you if Chad hadn't shot at his target.

FlyinGN. Is it the 88 Magnum from Johnny Dangerously? Remember? Is shoots through schools & the tree outside & ....:D

nope, nope and nope/
no Coonan, springfield or the one Ray sez:)
heres a cropped shot of it.. :)
anyone??

Frank
Dscf0017.jpg

Back