Any Matches near Fort Bragg, NC?

Langenator

I'm pretty much new to competitive shooting - I shot 3-position rifle back in college in the 90s, and made one trip to the All Army matches, both rifle and pistol - three years ago. So I'm open to just about anything I can do without specialized guns/gear.

My big limit is time/distance - I'm not going to drive for hours for a match, and anything requiring an overnight stay is out. I live about halfway between Ft Bragg and Sanford, NC, and the southern portion of Raleigh/Durham would be about my limit.

Are there any groups that hold matches of any sort in the greater Ft Bragg/Fayetteville area?

Talk to Martin over at Guns Plus in Sanford. I'm sure he'd be able to tell you who does matches these days. I used to do 3 gun shoots out at Range 1 in Bunnlevel but I think they're closed down now, the website's gone and it was for sale when I was stationed at Bragg.

Also check out the Carolina Shooters Forum: www.carolinashootersforum.com

There is a nice range on Pope. Check w/ them for matches. I have shot there w/ son-in-law-AF LTC-MD.

Guns Plus is a nice place. Range is way too noisy for me but we shot there also.

Back