Any Lee Enfield owners feel like showing them off?

I had to sell my collection off to pay some BS expenses and there is only one left in the shop that I sold them to which I currently have on hold for me. Can I see yours?

I wish that I had my camera. I have 3 in the family. good ole Emily(MLE) is a heavily rusted but still amazing shooting, numbers matching, Savage No4 MK1*. her sister(my bothers gun) is a Longbranch NO4 MK1* that was assembled from a stack of parts in a friends basement and has a synthetic sporter stock and is also an amazing shooter considering it's origins. lastly is a english(never have check the manufacturer, No4 MK1 that has mostly been pieced together in the same friends basement and has a horrible do it yourself(which I probably shouldn't have done myself) stock chop job and is currently waiting on a 45 ACP conversion kit to bring up to firing status.

I'm sorry for your loss, they are by far my favorite of the WWII era rifles.

1955 (F) No4 Mk2

No4Mk2LeeEnfield202.jpg

No4Mk2LeeEnfield086.jpg

No4Mk2LeeEnfield044.jpg

Nice Fazackerley Triage1998!!!!! love the pre / post war MK1 sights and bolt release, no rail jumping:D

ETA: do you also have the pre / post war screw set front sight?

I used to work gunshows in Medina.

My fav too. what are the marking on the receiver socket? on the one you haven't researched of course.
let me pull it out of the safe real quick.
the forward left side of the reciever has a crown over BNP.

rear left side reciever is M47 over 1943 over england over AS0309.
the serial is barely etched on and looks very sloppy as is the model name etched across the middle of the left side of the receiver. the reciever was drilled and tapped for scope mounts but I haven't found anything that looks compatible with the holes.(they appear to have bolted to the left side of the reciever and wrap around the top).

the rear of the bolt handle ha PF3412 stamped on it. the bolt was the worst part, it was completely seized with rust when I got it but it was the only NO4/5 bolt she had left so I had to dunk it in WD40 and lock it in a vice to break it free and then too a good hour work from there just to get it to function. I am still getting rust out of this thing and I've been cleaning it about once a week for the last 2 months.

the barrel is covered in proofs and is still brightly blued while the reciever is quite rough looking so I highly doubt they went to the same rifle.

interesting, I may have to put that on my christmas wish list, right now the gun is a train wreck and it's never going to be anything but a bubba gun but at least i know if numrich ever gets one in I will be able to properly mount a scope to it.

Triage1998 -- that has to be one of the best-looking pieces I've ever seen. I was just telling a coworker that I like the look of the infield better than any other surplus rifle.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

I have a few around here. Still looking for one variation of the Maltby No4.

I should do a updated group shot, these old pic's well have to do.

The twins.
twins.jpg

No4(T) and clone.
finished01.jpg

K25faz1.jpg

collection01.jpg

collectiom02.jpg

bayonets01.jpg

madcratebuilder.

Those first two of your rifles, how does the one with Parker hale sights come about?
Where they modified to be target rifles are they were service rifles?

trg42wraglefragle, those are No4 MkII rifles built in 1955, these were never issued in to service and were sold as surplus in the 90's. These "UF and "PF" series No4's came in to the USA and sold still in the original wrap.

wrap01.jpg

unwrap01.jpg

The backsight is aftermarket. I have one British made Parker-Hale.
No4PH003.jpg

I also have a British made AJ Parker backsight.
AJP02.jpg

Both are very similar and use the backsight cross pin and extractor screw for mounting. These offer a finer adjustment.

Two USA manufacturers, Redfield and Lyman made bolt on replacement backsights with similar mounting. These use aluminum bodies and have a more basic design. The is the Redfield.
newNo51.jpg

These backsights have windage adjustment and were used with target rifles. The No4's MkI backsight has excellent elevation, just lacks windage adjustments.

matchgrade303 said:
I would give either one of my spheres for a PH5C sight!

The 5C shows up on evil bay pretty regularly. A bit spendy, price can vary by condition and if it has all the mounting bits. There's a guy on evil bay that makes the mounting screws and lists them a couple of time a month.

Add a adjustable aperture to the 5C and you have the best peep sight ever made. If it has one negative is it can be over complicated for a new user. The adjustment knobs are as accurate as turrets on a scope.

Back