Any lawsuits filed for NY state?? NYC yet???

I don't believe that NYC and its Sullivan Act, will be challenged until the suits in SF and Chicago are settled and incorporation via the 14th has been made.

Should incorporation occur in the 9th and 7th Circuits, it will be much easier to get the 2nd Circuit to follow suit (since it might be assumed that the 5th and the DC Circuit would also incorporate).

In other words, you are looking 2 to 3 years down the road.

Humm...2-3 years down the road huh? I dont plan on being in NY by that time... by that time I'll be moving south a a gun frindly state....

I saw on the tube that the NRA is suing SF to get rid of the gun ban in public housing. I take it that a general ban in SF was killed on state pre-emption grounds previously.

They also have joined with Gay Gun Supporters in SF as they will claim they need protection against bigoted sexually orientation based threats.

Genius strategy, IMHO!

Glenn.

hehe hey, whatever works right? I know gays are targets too... and they too have a right to self defense.

Anyhow my gripe with NYC is I got my rifle/shotgun permit in 2 months 3 weeks exactly, but they gave me a hassle with the pistol permit due to living arrangements, so I had to "withdraw" my application.... I tell ya they sure do make it difficult here and throw whatever obstacle to deny you from getting a permit. Now I think thats way beyond "reasonable regulation" and I feel that my rights to to 2A have been denied.

anyhow, I have been a licensed rifle/shotgun owner now for several months without incident and I have been responsible with my longarms, I dont get it, whats up with these people??? I want my pistol license already... :mad::rolleyes:

I don't get it!!!!

I really do NOT get it!!! The HIGHEST court in the land pronounces that a responsible individual has the CONSTITUTIONAL right to own firearms, yet such locations as NYC, Chicago, etc. ENFORCE the opposite??????

I nearly broke my TV the other day watching that ja*k*ss from Chicago fuming that people should not own guns because they would "settle domestic disputes with guns"!!!! From which planet do such folks come??????

I really do NOT get it!!! The HIGHEST court in the land pronounces that a responsible individual has the CONSTITUTIONAL right to own firearms, yet such locations as NYC, Chicago, etc. ENFORCE the opposite??????

I nearly broke my TV the other day watching that ja*k*ss from Chicago fuming that people should not own guns because they would "settle domestic disputes with guns"!!!! From which planet do such folks come??????
You just have no understanding of the depth of their hated for self-reliance, their love of government controls and how deeply Hoplophobic they are in the clinical sense.

They come from the same planet

that those who believe you have a right to own nuclear weapon as a self protection device under the second amendment. Sadly there are as many on the far ultra side of anything is allowed under the 2nd amendment as there are incensed anti-gunners. To not understand that people get highly convicted in their own beliefs is to underestimate the issues on why there will be a continual fight over 2nd amendment rights.

that those who believe you have a right to own nuclear weapon as a self protection device under the second amendment. Sadly there are as many on the far ultra side of anything is allowed under the 2nd amendment as there are incensed anti-gunners. To not understand that people get highly convicted in their own beliefs is to underestimate the issues on why there will be a continual fight over 2nd amendment rights.

Absolutely true. That's why the court ruling is very good, it's centrist and moderate, and will - after many court cases - result in what the huge majority of Americans (above 70%) want: gun ownership an individual right but gun ownership with restrictions - like every other right in the constitution.

They come from the same planet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you tell me which mayor of a large city believes you should have a nuke?

Last edited:
+1 Antipitas. As a person who lived and worked in NYC for 33 years I can tell you that the politicians and lawmakers really think that the Constitution does not apply to NYC. They WILL find out otherwise but it will be after the lawsuits in Chicagoland and San Francisco are decided. Just to let the readers of TFL see how bad it is, here is what you have to do to have a firearm in your HOUSE. Check out the NON refundable fees if you get denied.:barf:
I now reside in America.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/permits/handgun_licensing_information.shtml

Yep, after the fiasco they put me thru, treating me like a criminal during the personal interview, and then telling me I cannot get an NYC pistol permit due to "living arrangements", I dont see myself ever shelling out another $450 in fees, waiting the 4-8 months or even longer to the NYPD ever again.

I'll just settle for having my NYC rifle/shotgun permit, and will wait till I move out of state before I start my pistol collection.....

I hope you dont mine me asking...

But, anyway you can share with us exactly what is so unique and problematic about your "living arrangements"?

Back