Any IPSC Shooters?

Aussie here with both hands up waiting for "shooter are you ready". Safariland belt and mag holders, Gilmore Speed Leader holster and a rompin' stompin' Stock P-16 with four 16rnd mags. BEEEP.....HS

Have not shot in just over a year but have Gilmore inner/outer belts, Gilmore holster, Gilmore mag pouch, and some ballistic nylon mag pouches(so I don't have to take off my empty pouches when I don't need them or when they might get in the way). I use a customized .45 with Essex frame, 1911 slide and not a factory piece inside the gun.

[This message has been edited by fal308 (edited 10-22-98).]

Hi guys, - What part of the country do you shoot in? I reside in Texas and usually shoot a match every weekend at several clubs in the area. How active is IPSC in your area, how many clubs, etc.

I shoot Limited with a SV long dust cover gun using Safariland gear. A few weeks ago I installed one of those fiber optic front sights made by Dawson Precision. It works great and wish I hadn't waited so long to use one.

I'll start shooting some IPSC again once IDPA winds down for the year.
I'll use my carry gear; Glock 19 or 19 Long-slide, my own custom holster and mag pouches on a Galco belt.

Hi, There are 2 ipsc shooters in this household. Greg is a "C" class shooter. He shoots a p14 with a bianchi comp. holster. I shoot "D" class ladies. My gun of choice is a hk usp 45 with a helwig speed holster. We shoot in Reno and Carson City NV. We also shoot steelplate matches with various sheriff depts through out the state of NV. Have also traveled 4 hours for ipsc in Bishop Ca. and 8 hours to Ridgecrest (China Lake ca.). This household works and lives to shoot. We have also started my 8 year old daughter and next spring will shoot a glock 9mm in ipsc.

Thanks Wendy and Greg

Greg - I shot in the USPSA Area 1 Championship match that was held at your Reno club in June this year. It was a fun match. I hear it will be held there again next year and I plan to be there. It was nice getting out of the Texas heat and having a change of scenery with the snow capped mountains.

I shoot several clubs matches every month and this year hit many major matches, I just got back from the Open in Vegas. I use a heavily modified Glock 22 with Firepoint/Optima sight, Safariland 077 mag pouches and a CR Speed holster from Rescomp.

Matt K. - how was the Open Nats? There were a lot of people DQued. Must have been a lot of tight shots because there seemed to be quite a few penalities given to the shooters.

Were there any other shooters using Glocks at the match in either Open or Modified class?

I heard that there were two other glocks but I didnt see them. Most of the stages were cool witht he exception of 50 yard standards (stage 11) and this wierd El presidente thing (stage 1) otherwise it was a decent match, although the USPSA kinda screwed the competitors.

Matt K

I shoot all over North Georgia, at least one match a week (shooting this much, I should be classed higher than C open and limited, oh well
smile.gif

In limited, I shoot a stock Kimber, and for open, a Rusty Kidd built Caspian Hi-cap in .38 Super Comp.

Anyone interested in shooting in Georgia, let me know!

My wife and I shoot in the Seattle area. My wife shoots a Glock 24 and I shoot a model 22 or 35. We both have Safariland belts and holsters.

If it means anything..got a 1st place trophy last night in standard div. at our presentation night. Another AUSSIE shootin' a Para with style...
wink.gif
...HS

Well there were a LOT of trophies because we've got over 2000 members ! 1st, 2nd & 3rd place winners all came up together. Fastest everything got a trophy - IPSC, Target comp- Centrefire & Rimfire, Western Action, Bowling Pin - 10 pin & Rapid fire, Pocket Pistol, Woodchop,Top Junior etc. It was a Long list...grin.

Motorep, you misunderstood me ! Over 2000 members in total ! About 20 are IPSC shooters, gives ME a better chance of winning !...grin
wink.gif
150 approx. turned out for annual trophy/christmas party. At $35/ head it may have put some of them off....HS

Back