Any info on the Sig P220 S

JimFromFL

I submitted my order for a new P220 Sport, but still interested in the standard P220 model.

Now I heard Sig is/will be producing a P220 S (S, not Sport). The S model is the same as the standard model but is on what I believe to be a stainless steel frame. (I think this info is correct.)

This should be available the March/April timeframe.

I know the information is still fairly new, but what advantages can we expect in the 220 S over the standard 220?

Thanks for any info.
Jim

Actually Jim that is the P220ST. Check out my pages at http://www.shotshowreports.com Go to page 2 and look for the SIG info. You will find pictures of the P220ST there. Note the rail under the dust cover on the frame is NOT removable. I am hoping that they make that gun in 10mm. The frame and slide are both stainless steel, unlike the standard P220. Therefore it weighs more and is about $70 more at MSRP. The advantage would be reduced recoil due to the added weight and improved durability due to component construction. It is going to be a little heavy for concealed carry I would think, but that is up to you.

Back