Any H&R Buffalo Clasic fans here?

dalegribble

I have an H&R Buff that I like alot. It isn't a sharps but it has good looks and shoots well. I get around 1 to 1 1/2" groups at 100 yds, havn't had a chance to shoot it at measured long distances but it breaks rocks nicely at 3-400 yds. Anyone else got one?

Yes indeedy......:D I like the 100 yard range when you fire a 405 grainer and get that satisfying whump when the bullet makes contact. It sounds like a mortar was fired.

I bought one 2 years ago in 45/70 and used it hog hunting last spring ..dropped 2 boar hogs with some soft lead .405 gr bullets I cast , with 65 grs of 3f Goex behind them . One shot clean through both lungs hog ran 20 yards and dropped .. second one heart shot bullet logged under the hide on the other side again hog ran 20 yards and dropped . Great shooter if you find the right bullet for it . My Goex loads clock out at 1,650 fps ..from a bench all my shots touch each other at 50 yards .

Buffalo Classic

I had the H@R buffalo classic in 45-70 added the upgrade peep sight and loaded with black powder .I had a guy who did my casting using 405 grain cast bullet and 65 grains of black powder tried some long range shooting with them 500 gainers and BP loads and little too much on the recoil for a light rifle was sorry when I bought the 45-70 I should of purchase the 38-55 instead.

I've been wanting one, but it keeps getting pushed to the bottom of the list. I've already got an 1895, so it would be more of a want for fun than a need.

Got mine today at the local gunshow from a guy closing out his gun store. Thought that $250.00 was a good price so........."Honest dear, it followed me home". That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:D

Back