Any good NC ranges?

specoperator

Inactive
I'm here in Greensboro and looking for some good rifle ranges for my new RRA AR-15. I'm a service member so I'm used to the long 300 meter ranges and I'm looking for something relatively similar in order to break in my new rifle. Any good places?

Range

There is a 1000 yard range in North Carolina. I never heard of the town it is near, but I think it is a little south of WinstonSalem. Put shooting range in your browser and I think you will find it.

Sheriff's Dept

Check with your local sheriff. The sheriff's department in most counties have a range for practice and allow civilians to join as an associate member. I belong to one in this county and it only cosst $25. a year to join.

Check here <http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=1205.0>

There's a 500 yd range in Ramseur NC, that looks to be not-too-far south of Winston-Salem.

All the best,
Rob

Been a long time since I've been to a public range, however...

The 1000 yarder is at Hawks Ridge, Ferguson N.C up in Wilkes county (right by Wilkesboro, about 95 minutes northwest of you).

Up in Boone is the Watauga gun club.

Reidsville apparently has a 200 yard range (private I think).

Ramsure may be your best bet. Straight down 421 south, about 1/2 hour from the Joe Koury convention center.

Do an interenet search and you'll find the info. You'll probably have to make a few calls.

Some of the information on the web page listed is old (I know for a fact).

http://www.therallypoint.org/forum/index.php?board=75.0

Also, Piedmont Handgunners in Lexington. I'm a member (not an officer) and our ranges go to 200yards. Probably about 45min-1 hour away depending on where you are in Greensboro. Reasonable cost and combo lock on the gate. Good people.

Feel free to email me if you have questions.
jbgrimes@ptmc.net

phashoots.com

We shoot in Statesville once a month, theres a good range in Salisbury, and Durham Rifle and Pistol, as well as North State out of Butner.

Not all close by, but from 1-2 hours.

Good folks at all, great competition,

jjoshea@msn.com

I shoot at the DPRC (Durham Pistol & Rifle Club) in Mebane, NC. about 1 hour west of Raleigh on I-40.

Its a private club, and membership runs a bit high for first year members ( $240, I think) and $140 each year afterwards.

The club has a large heated and cooled clubhouse, a general purpose range with 30+ firing positions and targets at 50yards, 50meters, and 100 yards and a clay thrower. Also have a Bullseye pistol range with 50+ firing positions at 25 and 50 yards, a rifle only range with 30+ firing positions and targets at 100, 200, and 300 yards. For those of you who like tactical-styled shooting, we have two "action combat" pits, one for all firearms, and one for pistols and shotguns only.

Our club's website is www.DPRC.org. Check it out :)

I have shot 1000 yard matches at Camp Butner, I don't know where that is from you. I live in Michigan and make the stop on the way down to Florida for the two week OBR matches the end of Febuary. They have the XTC matches there also (200, 300, and 600 yards)
Here is a link to this years schedule, the new one is out, but I don't see it on the website.

Camp Butner Schudule

Back