Any Forum Members in Northern Virginia?

rkammer

I will be traveling from Florida to Boston soon and don't want to have my CC gun in the car while traveling through the "gun hating" northern states. (I can transport it unloaded and under lock and key while driving thru northeast states but, once I park in Boston, it's illegal to have any gun or ammo in the vehicle)

I'd like to leave it somewhere in northern Virginia which is the most northern state that recognizes my Florida CCW permit. If anyone can offer an idea on where I could leave it and pick it up on my way back to Florida, please PM me with suggestions. I've talked with local Arlington and Alexandria, VA gun shops and am told they cannot store firearms. Thanks for any ideas.

If it was me, I would leave my gun at home. You are relatively safe in the states you will travel to get to Virginia and you will be leaving your gun just before you enter states that are less safe where you might need protection.

If it was me, I would leave my gun at home. You are relatively safe in the states you will travel to get to Virginia and you will be leaving your gun just before you enter states that are less safe where you might need protection.
While that might be true, my thinking goes along the lines of probability. Better to have my self defense gun for 1/2 the trip than for none of it.

I'll hold it for you. My home is about 15 minutes off I95, your main route north from Florida and easy to find. Good gas prices at that exit too. I'm retired and available almost any time. PM me if interested.

If you're an NRA member you may want to inquire about renting a locker at the NRA range and leaving it there.

Worse comes to worst, I'm in Fairfax and I could stick it in my safe. Hopefully it won't fight with my other guns...

Back