Any feedback for new SW revolvers in pistol calibers?

Edmond

I practiced IPSC in 10 mm and 40 SW wheelguns and after a few years I abandoned competition, I'd like to go back to it.
TIA for your feedback.

It's been quite a while since I've shot USPSA (US version of IPSC), but I understand the hot revolver tickets now are the 8-shot Models 627 (loaded with shorty .38SC, .38LC or .38Super cases) or 929 (9mm), which are both shooting Minor Power Factor (PF).

If you really want to shoot USPSA with a pistol caliber wheelgun chambered in something bigger than .38Super/9mm, you're likely looking at a 6-shot, so I'd recommend something in 10mm or .45acp, since they'll be easier to make Major PF with.

The 5" S&W 625 .45acp has a long track record in USPSA Revolver. If you look around, you can likely get a deal on one already in race-ready shape from a USPSA Revo shooter who switched to an 8-shooter.

I bought a pair of the 627's last year..performance shop models...one in 2 5/8" and one in 5" and they are both well made guns ( not like the traditional model 27's that I also have and love ) ...but very serviceable guns. ( 627's are all N frame, Round butt frames, 8 shots )...

I'm not an IPSC shooter....I just wanted something different ( I have about 15 of the K, L and N frame traditional revolvers model 19, 27, 28, 66, 686's in 2", 4" and 6"....and some 29's and 629's...in 3", 4", 6" and 8 3/8" ....

I even carried the 2 5/8" mod 627 in an IWB leather holster a few weeks ago...for the heck of it...

Back