Any fans of single stack Berettas ?

timujin

I have 2 of the big 15 round Berettas, but I really like my single stack Berettas. I have a model 92 type M (8 round) and an older model 72 .22lr (8 rounds). Now that the 10 round limit is here I would like to see more companies including Beretta manufacture more single stack 9mm, .40, .357 SIG guns. I used to have a model 70s in .380 acp, but the plastic grips were just too large for such a little gun. It had a large thumbrest and was just too big to carry comfortably. I never did find a set of smaller grips so I traded it off years ago..............Mike

I collect Beretta pistols but one of my favorite models is the Type M. I have an Inox and 2 Bruniton M's and don't believe the 2 round tradeoff is any hardship given the reduction in grip size. I shoot some of my tightest groups with my Type M's and wouldn't trade them for the world... I highly recommend them.

Darryl

Count me in as a single-stack Beretta fan. I have a 92SB Compact Type M. It's a superb gun: very well-made and as good-looking a pistol as Beretta ever produced.

TYPE M

I have a question for you type M owners. My type M ejects spent mags freely, but when loaded with rounds it ejects only about 1/4" then stops. I've never had an autoloader function this way. Is mine unique or does your type M do the same thing?............Mike

I was looking at these the other day and it appeared that the grip panels on the single stack were thicker than those on the double stack and therefore the overall circumference/diameter appeared identical. We didn't have any way to measure them. Anybody got both handy?

Where are you finding these 92M's?
The only time Iever saw one was at the NRA convention and I've wanted one for years. Please tell me all about them, like how they compare to the fullsize.

Thin Beretta?

Bubbaturbo, the type M is thinner than the full size, but not by much. I was dissapointed when I received my type M because I thought it would be much thinner. It is not as thin as a 1911 although it should be. I'm still keeping it........Mike

Where Berettas?

Utvols, I had to order mine because I have never seen one in a shop myself...............Mike

I have a 1951 single stack clone and it fits my hand well, as does the full size 92's, but after 6 months of searching for a type M I found it didn't fit my hand at all. Big disappointment since I like Beretta pistols so much and really wanted to buy one.

When I saw one in a shop recently I too was amazed how thick the grip was, almost as thick as the double stack 92. I was told that after market grips for the Type M really reduce the circumference. It is still a bulky pistol for 8 rounds.

Mike

Outdoor America in Oklahoma City had a boatload of them. Blue and stainless. Also had DAO with and without nightsights but not in stainless I don't think. Still there as far as I know. 405-789-0051.

Thinner grips

Darkstar, I was just about to inquire who makes thinner grip when I saw your thread. Thanks for the heads up on rubber grips. Anyone know of wood grips for a type M? I bought a set of Hogue wood grips for my fullsize 92s but they were thicker than the original plastic grips so I put them with my collection of spare grips. So checking with Hogue probably isn't a good source for "thin" wood grips...............Mike

[Edited by timujin on 02-02-2001 at 12:09 AM]

Back