Any FAL owners out there?

Count Glockula

I have been thinking about a FAL for the last few months and was wondering what others thought of this rifle. I am mostly interested in what post-ban imports are
the best, as the prices I have seen on pre-bans are big$$$. Also what kind of accuracy do you get out of a scoped FAL out to 400m? Any comments or links
would be appreciated as I am just really starting researching this rifle.

Thanks

i currently own an STG 68 parts on a DSA receiver

very very happy with the firearm

AAA accurizing in Azuza CA assembled it for me and did a parkerize finish -- very first rate worksmanship and great people to work with.

considering it as a battle rifle i scoped the gun just to find out it's capabilities and found out that military rounds (147FMJ) average is 3 inches BUT if i use match loads (168gr HPBT Match) the groups are 1 inch. Now i need to try Match 150 grainers.

that says it all for me -- i live in Kali and i sure can kick myself for not getting one or two more.

I have a DSA receivered STG that was built by Triple H Accurizing, also. It's very nice, though mine is not exactly a beauty queen. Depending on ammo, you can get down to 1-2 MOA.

If I had to do it again, I'd go with an Imbel receiver from Federal Arms for $240 instead of DSA for $450.

I have a DSA SA58, and I'm extremely satisfied with it. My standard barrel gun gets 3/4"@100yrds with Federal Gold Medal 168gr. That is with the DSA mount and a Nightforce scope (15x). While the kit guns are good, I'd recommend the wait and get a DSA. the barrels are new (not used/takeoff) and extremely well made. I think triple-H does the accurizing work for DSA. Still, if accuracy is critical, get the DSA with the bull barrel. It is even better than mine on accuracy.

I've been building FALs for about 6 years now. I've owned a few and appreciate the system. We do custom work on and build a number of rifles here, but the FAL holds a special place in the rack(s). I prefer the Entreprise receivers, but will build to suit.
Kurt V. Wala
Kurt's Kustom Firearms www.kurtkustom.qpg.com/

This is my Isreali heavy barrel

izzyhb.jpg

Yeah - I got a FAL too - love it.
As for long range accuracy - I dont know yet.
We shall see. I got a few boxes of some Match grade ammo waiting for the next trip out to Vernal.
:D

Back