Any experince here with a Remington 700 XCR .375 H&H

Deaf Smith

I don't know why... but I saw a stainless Remington 700 XCR in .375 today and I'm tempted to get it. It has open sights, Leopold 2.5x8 scope, and seems ready to roll. $600 bucks! Stock is awful light but Remington made it so surely it works.

No, I don't 'need' one, but I've killed deer with .338 WM and .300 WM rifles before as well as shot .458 WM and 416 Remington rifles.

Yes I know the 700 is a push feed but tell me do they work well?

Thanks,

Deaf

run, don,t walk and buy it. yes they work well and its a do it all caliber, I used one in Africa and lost no animals shot with it. the scope if in good condition is worth 250,00+ alone. I would have bought it yesterday. eastbank.

Offer $450 and see what they say. :D Or, see if they'll throw in some ammo with it to sweeten the deal. That's really the problem for me. Even if they gave me the rifle, I could barely afford to shoot it.

Don't know if this will factor into it but I've heard the .375 H&H has a reputation for putting different weight bullets into the same spot...might be me just reading too many 'gee whiz' shooting and hunting article.

Regardless, the .375 H&H truly deserves the title of an 'iconic cartridge'. And don't forget, life is short.

Sorry no experience with the .375 H&H but I own two other rifles in different calibers in the Model 700 XCR. The XCR's are very durable in all kinds of weather, I have yet to see any kind of rust on mine.

I have a Model 700 Safari in 375 H&H.

It's a great gun. Mine has a heavy barrel with factory muzzle brake.

It's not controlled round feed, but that's it. It's very accurate and the 375 is a breeze to reload for. It's expensive to shoot, especially the factory loads.

Buy with confidence.

Back