Any Experience with Target USA Sports Branded Ammo?

KyJim

Target USA Sports sells ammo from various manufacturers but has anyone used their store brand ammo? I know I'm a bit late in asking because I just ordered a thousand rounds of 9mm. I didn't really need it, but range-grade 9mm has been scarce so I went ahead and ordered some.

So, how does it shoot? Any problems?

Do you mean Target Sports USA or Target USA Sports? I couldn't find a Target USA Sports. Anyhow, I buy most of my .22LR ammo from Target Sports USA, and have never had a problem. Didn't know they had their own label brand of ammo, and a quick check didn't find any.

As for their BBB rating, it's an 'A+'. All of the negative feedback that I see on them is very current, and mostly complaining about lead time, which during this current ammo buying frenzy, I can understand that. I just received a case of SK Pistol Match .22LR from them two days ago. It got to me 5 days after my order. That's fast considering the times.

I take that back, Target Sports USA branded ammo is under TSA ammo on their web site. For $18 a box of 50 - 9mm ball, it better be damn good ammo.

Pre-covid that woul be a hefty price but in this market, it’s not bad. That’s assuming the ammo is any good. I plan for this to be my last 9mm buy until the market regains some sanity.

I bought some "Target Sports Exclusive" CCI Mini-Mags packaged in cardboard boxes instead of plastic and it was the same as the Mini-mags I buy locally as far as I could tell.

I saw that Target Sports branded 9mm and was going to try it, but by the time I made up my mind it was sold out.

Prices are way up, it seems that anything under 30 cents per round is the low end right now. ammoseek shows the cheapest 9mm to be Tula 9mm steel case for 32 cents/round right now.

The rounds were delivered yesterday. They are made in the Czech Republic. I know they have a couple of major ammo suppliers there, including a company that makes ammo under the name of Sellier & Bellot. I'm not sure I've used 9mm from S&B, but I have shot quite a bit of .45 acp. If it is made by S&B, it will be good ammo.

I visually inspected a box and they seemed uniform to the naked eye. I haven't measured any. There doesn't appear to be much of a crimp that I could tell (comparing them to Federal American Eagle and Blazer Brass). But assuming that shouldn't matter much in range ammo. I don't know when I'll get to the range but, when I do, I'll fire some of it and see how it does.

Back