Any Experience with Summit Gunbroker's 870Ps?

Been looking at picking up an 870 Police Magnum, and Summit Gunbroker has quite a decent price for used models. Wondering what the condition of these are when received, how much I'd have to replace etc. to get them running smooth as silk.

Anyone taken the plunge with them & have a report?

I picked up one of the 870 Vang Comp guns minus the barrel for $206 delivered to my FFL. The gun's condition was outstanding for a police trade-in. Mine has signs of wear from being in a rack and the bolt shows signs of being cycled; however, the finish is excellent and the gun cycles extremely well. I added a 21" rifle sighted Modified choke barrel I already had and the gun is the functional equivalent of an 870P Max for less than one third the cost.

My gun was from the early 1970s and has been retrofitted with the Flexitab parts. The gun had also been clearly professionally maintained as the 2-3/4" ejector was replaced with a three-inch ejector and the magazine spring was very good. The only issue with mine is the rubber cover on Surefire forearm switch has split. A call to Surefire resulted in a RMA and a free repair.

Mark at Summit Gun Broker is a good guy. I am really tempted to buy one of the 870P GR or Speedfeed guns for what he is charging.

Are these Wingmaster or Express receivers? If they are Express receivers, expect the finish to be "less than desirable". Those things are known to rust.

I picked up one of the used barrelless Vang Comp shotguns too.

My gun was from the early 1970s and has been retrofitted with the Flexitab parts. The gun had also been clearly professionally maintained as the 2-3/4" ejector was replaced with a three-inch ejector and the magazine spring was very good. The only issue with mine is the rubber cover on Surefire forearm switch has split. A call to Surefire resulted in a RMA and a free repair.

The same, except mine was from 1979. Mine has been shot a lot and is a bit scratched up, but it was well oiled and fairly clean. I think the magnum ejectors and flexitab were Vang Comp upgrades and not necessarily indicative of all the guns.

There's a big thread on ARF. Condition varies from rack queen to battered and bruised.

Chances are, yours will be good to go out of the box.

Give Summit a call and see what he says about condition.

Back