Any experience with Robar products/services?

Senator

I'm considering buying a Glock 27 and having Robar perform their grip reduction to it, as well as refinishing it. Does anyone have any experience with this company, and Glock modifications in particular?

------------------
Kelly

Deo Vindice

My only personal experience has been with their NP3 finish on a lightweight Commander and Lightweight Officer model Colt in 1995.

These are my daily carry guns, occasionally Mexican style, sans holster. The finishes are excellent and have held up quite well.

I have seen their Glock grip reduction work and it's first rate, if that's what you're looking for.
Rich

[This message has been edited by Rich Lucibella (edited 02-01-99).]

Senator,

I've had the grip reduction on my M-19 Glock. I'm so used to how 1911's point that I couldn't consistently get my wrist bent like Gaston wants you to. Robar has chemists working on his finishes and polymer surfaces. The work done on my pistol seems to be tough and lasting well so far. It's been about a year since the work was done and I've gone through a 4 day Frontsight pistol course with it. I am going to send my M-30 to Arizona Response Systems to get a grip reduction done. Apparently, the person who developed this technology for Robar has started his own shop. ARS offers a couple of additional modifications to the frame that Robar doesn't (I think).

Robar has been in the industry for years. He (Robby Barkman) started off building precision rifles but has since expanded his expertise (in a big way). He learned his rifle building trade from McMillian. Robby used to be the smithy at Gunsite. He now has Robar (of course) but also teaches at Thunder Ranch.

By any chance does Robar have a website?
Rich , if you don't mind how much did it cost to have yours done?

------------------
Justice for one,Justice for all.

Back