Any cool Christmas presents?

TrueBlue711

Anybody get anything gun related that they wanted for Christmas?

Nothing bank breaking for me. I got a new Sig Romeo red dot. I'm really impressed by it though! It's my new optic for my primary AR.

I got a personalized 50 cal ammo can with my last name on it over an American flag. Certainly didn't need it but it looks nice on top of my cabinet.

I gave my son in law some 10 round mags so he wouldn't be a felon. ( But he hasn't done anything with his standard capacity mags yet so he's still a felon.) ;):rolleyes::eek:

Surefire stiletto EDC light. Rechargeable, nice beam pattern, low med and high constant on and a momentary only tail switch.

Nice piece of kit

Ammo.

My wife tried to get me a 77/22 magazine, but didn't realize it was more of an online order item until it was too late and she had wasted time running all over town looking for one.
(I offer small bits of advice when requesting certain items, since some of the things that I want require inside knowledge to locate. But I failed to indicate that that one was likely not going to be found locally...)

A adjustable gas valve for mpx. Got a direct line through to Santa, and plied him with alcohol and internet access.

I was truly blessed:

1. A like new unfired S&W Model 29 no dash. It came in a presentation case with coke grips/stocks. It has a 6 & 1/2" barrel and was manufactured in 1960. The SN is about a 1,000 units off from one of those used in Dirty Harry and currently in the NRA Museum.

2. Remington Rand M1911A1 almost like new manufactured close to production end in 1945. It also came with a rather valuable two tone WWI magazine. I have some WWII era magazines and a like new Catherine holster to go with it. The magazine will become attached to its new Brother which is a Colt Model M1911 manufactured in 1918.

3. S&W K-38 (Pre-Model 14) Target Masterpiece in excellent condition. It is a 5 screw with a 6" barrel and was manufactured in 1950. It is now a Sister to my K-38 (Pre-Model 15) Combat Masterpiece with a 4" barrel. It is also a 5 screw and was manufactured in 1952.

I am a short guy at about 5' 9", but currently the tip of my head is about 8' in the air. :)

lamarw-Did you behave yourself this year, or bribe him? Have a 4 screw k38 (thik it is 1956) that was bought cheaply years ago. The previous owner had power stenciled his name on it, and bought it for shooter. The case hardening on trigger and hammer are like works of art, as is the trigger action. Am using bright yellow duct tape on the sights.

Thank you zeke, I kinda got lucky and was helped greatly by my Wife. I attended a major auction specifically to look at and bid on the Remington Rand. I put an application into the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) for their sell of M1911A1's. CMP used a random number generator to assign numbers to the applications. They can only sell approximately 4,000 pistols the first year. They had over 19,000 applications. Thus far, I have not done well or received my numbers. Those lucky people with low numbers are reporting most of the pistol are arsenal rebuilds with mix-matched slides to frames and/or generic slides to specific brand pistols. That had me seeking a M1911A1 at this auction for a more original pistol. I carried a Remington Rand in Nam and wanted one of my own.

The wife does the bidding for me since I am hard of hearing at auctions. She really wanted me to also have the beautiful like new Model 29 .44 Magnum. She thought it was the cat's meow. I had told her the K-38 was a back-up in case we did not do well on the other auction bids. She misunderstood me and won it to. Who am I to complain. We did well on all three as far as final price (combination of bid price, buyer's premium, sales tax, shipping cost and FFL cost).

lamarw-Congrats! Always was hoping for my fathers 45, which was his fathers. His father made it up from 1911 parts available to him in the armory. It's a 1911. It was given to my older brother, was thinking on looking at a original WWI holster for him.

Many here are blessed with people that know enough about guns to even know what to get you gun-related. Other than my Bro-in-Law a thousand miles away and a nephew hours away, nobody in my family owns a gun. In my small circle of friends, I'm the only gun owner. They wouldn't know the difference between my 10GA shoulder busting shotgun and my 22, let alone what ammo or accessories to get me. Those that do have family/ friends that are gun savvy, consider yourselves fortunate.

Back