• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Any chance of a bow and crowsbow section ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOGSHOOTER

Yeah I read the knives are not guns above and archery use no gunpowder .But fire they do and theres a bunch of us that enjoy are bows and crossbows that now spend half are time on other forums.So why not give us a section for bowhunters and tech.questions A the same for Crossbow hunters,so we can spend our time here on the firing line.HOGSHOOTER:confused:

TFL was started as a site for discussing firearms, firearms right, and civil rights as they pertain to the broader question of responsible firearms ownership. That's not changed, nor do we anticipate it changing in the future.

While we recognize that many of our members are bow enthusiasts, there are many excellent bow/crossbow sites on the web, and discussing them is best done on forums that make them their primary focus, not an afterthought.

I understand and respect staffs rules, and opinions. Just my two cents though, I like the people and staff here, and would really enjoy an archery area. If TFL never has one I'm not going to be upset, but I'm with HOGSHOOTER, I'd rather spend my time here than any where else, and think it would be nice.

Firearms only please...

I'm new here, but I'd like to throw in my 2 cents in & say no to archery. I like that this forum is just firearms. It seems there are plenty of forums for archery & bowhunting. I was a long time bowhunter & enjoyed the sport. There seem to be enough "gentle" disagreements among gunners in here with the current topics!

JIMHO...

...bug :)

That's ok, no need to waste your 2 cents, bug. :) The answer was already given, and it really won't change.

To quote from the TFL mission statement: "The Firing Line is a virtual community dedicated to the discussion and advancement of responsible firearms ownership." No mention of bows or crowsbows (whatever those are ;) ).

Many members would like TFL to be the be-all and end-all of forums for everything they are interested in, not just firearms, and that is perfectly understandable. They make friends here, both virtual and real life, and they want to share far more of their experiences, hobbies, and endeavors beyond the topics of firearms, the shooting sports, and the RKBA. However, it simply isn't going to happen at the forum level here.

TFL is a well focused forum - let's keep it that way.

Cannot let the site grow huh,so be it.HOGSHOOTER off to crossbow nation and other bowsites feel free to come to other sites hungryhunter and we can talk about our archery gear I be on site here about 1/3 of the time .HOGSHOOTER:mad:

Last edited:
This site will continue to grow, but its growth will reflect our CORE purpose, focus, and mission.

We are not, will not, and cannot be all things to all interests of all members.

Quite frankly, we don't care how much time you spend here, we care about the QUALITY of the time you spend here discussing firearms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back