Any BAR Fans ?

Guy, I agree fully. I got to fire the one our Sherrif's office had about 15 years ago. We used to rent a farmhouse to a Deputy, and all area LEO's practiced there. One of the coolest guns I've ever handled/fired. It was very controllable, even for a novice ( Hell, we all were) to shoot. I'll always wonder what happened to it and the old Thompson they had.
Did you take your forum name from the book "The Forgotten Soldier"? Loved that book, very moving. Thanks, Andy.

Love the BAR. I fired one back in the 70's at Fort Bragg, great one to fire, better than the M-60 in my opinion. I am looking at a Semi-auto, since a nice transferable one is out of my range. :(

Bill c

I was disgusted recently - -

When a shooting buddy sold his Colt Commercial BAR - - He's had it in storage for years, and "one of these days" he was going to get it out and we were to take it out shooting. An old business associate from past years had been bugging him to sell it for some time. The guy finally caught my pal when his wife needed a new car. The gun went for $29,000, and I never got to fire it. :rolleyes:

Johnny

In the Pre-86 days, I had a Class III license for a couple of years, just to collect toys. I bought 2 BAR's, made by Northeastern and Royal Typewriter, for $215 each. Nothing like a government ban to increase prices. Why didn't I buy a hundred of 'em?

It is sure a fun gun to shoot.. Much different than an M16 or a belt-fed gun.

Back