Any Astra Constable experts?

Danwhynot

Inactive
I recently came into an old Astra Constable. It came to me already in a million pieces, and for THE LIFE OF ME I cannot figure out how the trigger spring goes back in. Either I'm am idiot (totally plausible) or I'm thinking the pin on the trigger bar that connects to the trigger is sheared off and not long enough. I've looked at exploded views and done tons of research. If someone has one and could snap a picture or something I'd owe you a crisp high five.

There are some Youtube videos on the Constable, they might help you out. I had an A60 and I don't know if they are the same, as it's been like 20 years since I sold it.

Yeah I've been through all that youtube had to offer unfortunately, no one breaks one down far enough to see. And the A60 is actually a good bit different.

From memory, and it's been a while........

The trigger spring is positioned and retained by the pin on the front of the trigger bar.

From memory, and it's been a while........

The trigger spring is positioned and retained by the pin on the front of the trigger bar.
See that's what I thought as well. The pin on the front of the trigger bar that I have is shorter than the pin next to it. I'm thinking it should be the same size to be able to go through the top hole in the trigger and hold that spring.

Back