Any accuracy feedback on Noreen Bad News 300 Win Mag semiautomatic?

IMtheNRA

Sure looks good on YouTube, but I'm wondering about group size at 600, 1000, and more yards. Does anyone have hands-on experience with this rifle?

Maybe it's just me but I see far too many things going on with a semi-auto 300 Win mag to achieve extreme accuracy.

Impossible to get "extreme accuracy" from any autoloader due to the looser tolerances needed to ensure functionality, but sub moa is certainly in the cards if $ is no object. From what I've read the Noreen is typical here, with accuracy in the 3/4-1 minute range.

Not much demand for semi boomers, not many made for magnums (incl. the .338) because better long-range accuracy can be achieved with bolt guns with much less weight.

But like an M82A1, certainly a cool range toy.

I can't find it back now, but I do recall reading a review on Gun Blasts where they tested a high-end AR in .223, and said it was the most accurate rifle, of any kind, that they'd ever reviewed. Even if this Noreen rifle doesn't set any long range world records, the pattern should certainly be capable of more accuracy than most folks can use.

^^
They must not review many rifles, then.
There are many autoloaders that are "accurate" by most peoples' definition.
There's never been one built that could exceed bolt gun accuracy potential.
It's tolerances, and harmonics. Never has, never gonna happen.

I'm sure you know better than I do, tobnpr. And since the O.P. never asked anyone to compare them to other action types, or gave a strict definition of his acceptable accuracy level, I guess you know better than him, too.

Cheers.

I don't understand the point you're trying to make. Sarcasm, perhaps? :)

You did in fact, say "of any type". Read it. I was commenting on your remark about an AR- not the OP's question about the Noreen.

There is NO autoloader, that will shoot better than the best of the benchrest rifles (or most of them at the bottom of the pile).

This is why you don't see them holding benchrest records. If you want to post up some facts, I'm all ears.

Benchrest rifles are beasts unto themselves and shouldn't be a yard stick for hunting rifle accuracy.
The Noreen Bad News(never heard of 'em despite them being in business for 10 years) BN36 Long Range Assassin, at 9 pounds, in .300 Win Mag(or 7mm Rem Mag), runs $2,645.00. Extra mag runs $125.
No claims of any kind about accuracy on their site. One review by an unknown writer claims 1 MOA for the .300 though.

I enjoy this site because there are folk here that are willing to step up correct information that is incorrect in a courteous, respectful manner. There might very well be a magazine that said a semi-auto was the most accurate gun they ever tested. Shrug. They can say what they want. The fact brought up about bench rest shooters NOT using semi-auto's is an excellent point.

And we are all still polite to each other. I like that a lot.

Back