Any 6.5x54mm Mannlicher-Schoenauer shooters here?

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
attachment.php

(Photo by Oleg Volk.)

...because, if so, I'd really like to know where you're buying your ammo! :o

Attachments

• mannrifle2043s.jpg
    mannrifle2043s.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 2,748
I'm a potential shooter as soon as a find a nice priced all original 1903 ;)

Potential means I have bullets, brass, powder and a copy of Ken Waters pet Loads for the 6.5x54.

I will call my scrounging friend to see if he has a box. Nice cost shipping from Alaska though

TTFN
'
Wildloverofthe6.5Alaska TM

Ammo

Hi there, Kynamco in the UK make the ammo as do RWS in Germany, best, Mike (still looking for a donor 6.5 X 54 MS rifle)

Mike Bailey said:
Kynamco in the UK make the ammo as do RWS in Germany

*sigh*

I'm having zero luck finding any in stock in the US, even on teh intarw3bz. :(

I have a set of RCBS dies and a precious 10 rounds of brass, but I'm torn between making use of the brass for my Greek M1903 or cutting it down for making 7.62x45 for my Vz.52... :confused:

6.5 x 54

grafs has brass.privi makes ammo.thats close to carcano.I think they recomend that foor 6.5 carcano.

My father had the Mannlicer-Schoenauer in 6.5X54, the carbine model, beatiful rifle, excellant round. Accurate and did well on Elk and smaller animals. I have no ideal what happened to the rifle and he died.

I have a MS carb. in 8X51, barreled action, I was going to chamber it for the 6.5 but the cart. is stamped on the receiver, dont know how I could pull it off, as I want to restore it to as close to orginal as I can.

The MS Rotoring mags are excellant rilfes, and 6.5X54 is an excellant round, congrats on your find.

Check the Midway catalog, they have the Privi ammo for less than $14 a box, even with shipping it is cheaper than Norma brass.

I have three Boxes of Norma 6.5X54 for sale

I have two boxes of Norma 6.5X54 MS 139 Grain, and

I have one box of Norma 6.5X54 156 grain.

I'll take $75.00 + sh for three of them- A good deal my friend!

Frankyboy

65x54139GRAIN.jpg

65x54156GRAIN.jpg

6.5x54

Call J&G in Scottsdale, Az. they don't show in on their website but they have several boxes still on hand. I just bought 5 boxes last week

I had a couple of old green-label Czech S&B soft-pointed RN 10-packs, left over since I sold my 1903 Carbine about 15 years ago - but I gave them to someone in my gun club, about a month ago.

Back