Any .32 Magnum users out there? (need ammo advice)

artech

Just got a brand new S&W 332 Ti in .32 mag and need some ammo advice. Is there any other choice than the Federal hollowpoints for carry ammo? I'd also like some opinions on using the lead solids for greater penetration. I have no experience with this caliber and any advice is appreciated.

artech-Georgia Arms puts out a .32 Mag load with a 100 gr. JHP...their specs say 1100 fps, but I haven't chrono'd any yet. Last ones I bought (gunshow,just before Christmas) were $11.50/50. Try their 'phone order service or website...good ammo, good service, GREAT people to deal with!!!....mikey357

mikey,

I've had my Model 331 for about four months now and have put about 150 rounds through it. artech is right on concerning Georgia Arms (www.georgia-arms.com). I ordered 2 packages of their 100 gr. HP's. They are excellent, but produce a heck of a wallop. The Federal 85 gr. HP's are more mild, and are most likely what will be carried by my wife in this gun when she gets her CHL. Both loads are relatively clean-burning.

BTW, the gun is chambered to also shoot the .32 S&W Long caliber. It may tempting to use this low-recoil round for practice; however, I would STRONGLY recommend you stay away from them. The reason is that because they have a shorter case than the .32 Mag, they produce an inordinate amount of lead and powder fouling in the end of the cylinder chambers, to the point that you may have great difficulty inserting and extracting a .32 Mag round. The fouling from the unjacketed .32 S&W Long factory loads will also cause permanent powder marks on the outside of the titanium cylinder, which are practically impossible to remove completely. I have small, almost unnoticeable marks on my cylinder which were produced when I spent about 2 hours trying to remove the powder burns. Apparently. titanium is prone to this problem.

Back