Any .22LR full auto?

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
I wouldn't ever want a bunch of full auto stuff due to lack of need but I am wondering if there is an available .22 rifle in full auto?
Brent

There have been a bunch of full-auto 22s made in the past (rifles, handguns, and miniaturized MGs), the trouble is finding a registered one that the current owner wants to sell. The American 180 is one option, but you can also find 10/22s that were converted with "trigger packs", and these use comonly-available magazines (the AM180 drums have a reputation for being finicky and are a PITA to service). You may even be able to find a Gevarm open-bolt 22 if you look long enough, but those have a cyclic rate of ~1100 rpm, so you wear the skin off your thumbs loading mags in no time at all.

tomh1426, Ruthless4christ,

Converting items to FA without having a SOT is illegal. There is no way "simple civilians" can get post-1986 MGs. :(

There is no way "simple civilians" can get post-1986 MGs.
Well they technically can, but not legally. I did figure out a way to convert a Remington 597 to open bolt operation that would probably work. (I was bored and had the schematics, OK), It would require a bit of work on the trigger group, plus replacing certain other parts with different ones as well as some welding. However, I really don't want to spend 10 years in prison so I'm not going to try.

I hope DC vs Heller will eventually lead to the repeal of the MG ban, but we won't know for sure until they issue the ruling.

I was talking in a legal sense. In disregard to the laws, I could very quickly convert every single semi-auto weapon I have into a ten year jail sentence. :)

Ruthless4christ,

Converting items to FA without having a SOT is illegal. There is no way "simple civilians" can get post-1986 MGs.

He knows that. He's been around this forum for some time now, and besides that, he lives in Guatemala...

I once had the extreme pleasure of emptying a full drum through an American 180. A suppressed American 180, in fact. Oh. My. Gawd. What fun!! Basically the only noise you could hear was the clatter of the bolt flying back and forth, and the tinkle of the brass hitting the ground. As I recall, we calculated that the slugs were going down range somewhere between 6 and 8 feet apart.

The gent who owned it (he also had an M16, a Sten and a couple of other cool toys I didn't get to shoot) said it was great for foxes on his farm. Said they usually got after his chickens in pairs, and with the suppressor he could drop one without spooking the second, and get them both. All I know is, 150+ rounds of .22LR goodness made a nice little dust cloud on the 100 yard berm, and I was smilin' for a couple of days. Hadn't had quite that much fun since walking the M60 across targets at 1000 meters.

Back