Anti's with CCW's

Mantas

Can some people post the known anti's that have CCW's. I think this info would be great for reference, especially when you here them bash shall-issues on TV. It would be nice to look back on this list to see if that particular anti has a CCW.

Thanks

I don' t*know* of any on the record anti's who actually have Concealed Carry Permits.

I have heard a lot of rumor.

I would love it if anyone posting names can post a SOURCE for the information.

A few years ago, the Nashville Paper listed ALL of the CCW permits that had been issued by the county.. they listed full names and home towns. They included a few peoples names and occupations, under a small picture.. my wife was one of them.

I would consider that a legitimate SOURCE.

"I heard on another website/at the range/from an FBI agent that **** ******** has a CCW permit," I would not consider a good source. ;)

Thanks.

------------------
-Essayons

Denver's mayor, Wellington Webb. He is against CCW but has 6 armed bodyguards in attendance at all times."Denver is a safe city, you don't need to carry concealed weapons".

I remember reading that members of congress had themselves appointed as Deputy US Marshals so they could carry in DC. The whole idea is to disarm us not them.

------------------
Better days to be,

Ed

Yah, about all I've heard has been rumors and inuendo. I was just hoping that we could dig up some factual evidence.

There's a good book out there that I got from amazon.com called "Politically Correct Guns: Please don't Rob or Shoot Me." At this moment, I do not know the author's name, but I can get back to you. Half of it list anti-gun Hypocrites. Some with CCW's, some without. interestingly enough, I just saw an article in the NY Times about Jennifer O'neil, the babe from Summer of '42, who is anti-gun. She shot herself in the abdomen a few years ago, and survived, but they did not have a permit for the handgun (remember, this is NY, where they are STRICT about who can and can't have a handgun). They charged her and her husband with illegal possesion. In their defense they said they had no clue where it came from, it magically appeared in their bedroom. Yesterday in the Times, they said she shot herself with her husbands handgun. Wonder if anybody else, say the DA, picked up on that little tidbit.
Sorry for going off-topic, but it ticked me off.

------------------
Live Free or Die

According to Massad Ayoob, Diane Feinstein had a permit, and carried a chiefs special. It was in Handgunner a little while ago.

I was told by my local SO office that in California, those individuals with CCWs are a matter of public record. However, I was also told that you have to file a request through the Freedom of Information act to get the names. This seems a bit odd since the FOIA is federal. Its rather tempting...

Dianne Feinstein did have a CCW in the 70's, when she apparently was being threatened by some "Liberation Front" and her beach house was shot at (she can have the CCW... I'LL take the beach house!). She later had the gun melted down and cast into a crucifix, which she presented to the Pope (imagine... a .38 cal crucifix). I recently read that she is not opposed to ccw's if a person has a legitimate threat against them (and who is the arbiter of that, I ask?), but not mass ccw's. Don't know if she's changed her tune recently.

Back in the 1980's The Village Voice had an article on big names in New York City that had licenses to carry. There were quite a few people on the list that were anti-gun. Here are a couple of sources I picked up from David Kopel's "Shall Issue: The New Wave of Concealed Carry Permits", an issue paper that is available from the Independence Institute in Golden CO
"Elite in NYC are Packing Heat," Boston Globe, Jan. 8, 1993.

"Born to Gun: 65 Big Shots With Licenses
to Carry," Village Voice, September 29, 1987, p. 11.

Back