Antique shot shell info

SAIGAFISH

What does a guy do with very old 410 shells in a neet old box
peters cartridge co. #6 . Paper cartridges in very good shape
three boxes one is empty.
They came with an old stevans my grand father gave me.

Either keep them or sell them to a collector. Old shotgun shells are fairly plentiful. I wouldn't shoot them even though they're probably safe to shoot. I'd rather keep them and buy new than shoot them and after they're used up, buy more again. Keeping them would make for a good photo prop which sounds silly but a lot people like that stuff for that reason. Since they're 410 they may have some collector value. I think they're just neat relics from a by gone era. I'd keep them myself.

Agree with winchester73 above. Peters hasn't manufactured ammunition for over 70 years, and while they are probably safe to shoot, chances are that the powder is not in the same condition it was when the shells were loaded. Even if they are pristine and shoot exactly the same as they did the day they were manufactured, shotshell loads have come an awful long way in that time and today's shells are undoubtedly better and more capable than those old ones. I'd just put them aside, and keep them as a keepsake or, if you don't want to keep them, see if there is collector interest in them (my guess is there is).

Yes, Send them to me I know exactly what to do with them. You see I have been working for the hazardous shotshell team for years and I can get rid of them saftely.:D:D:D

Not to into selling them but wondering about value.
And how i should store them.becouse i would like to give them to my son when i give him the stevans over under someday.

Back