Antique Roll Crimper

If you have it already, try it. I can see reasons it could go either way. If you don't have it already, there are new ones available online that are designed to work with plastic.

MIGHT work on plastic, of the right length...might..

I'm thinking you'd need to trim a modern plastic star crimp hull to the same length as the fired paper hull, and then, it would be a matter of how much "spring back" you got from the plastic, compared to paper hulls.

My GUESS would be it wouldn't work, but somethings that don't look like they will, do, so only trying it will tell you for sure.

Bubba Roundtree Outdoors is a YouTube channel. The guy that runs it uses an old antique hand roll crimper on plastic. You will find that new hulls are easier to roll crimp than once fired folded crimp. Hit Ballistic Products website for roll crimp tools for power drills. They also have clamps for hulls and any other components you would need.....well they usually do, these are odd times.

Its one of those Antique Lyman cast iron units. I went and watched the Bubba Rountree Outdoors Youtube videos and the answer is YEP it works amazingly well. You do indeed have to trim the cases down to fit.

I have the old roll crimpers for 10 and 12ga, but must say if you're going to do a lot then buy the ones for a hand or drill press. Precision Reloading sells them, which I find are better than BPI because they have the two pin model for the same price BPI has for the one pin model. BPI wants around another 10$ for their two pin. I find the plastic shells RC better than paper shells. The reason is cutting the paper shells down often leaves a ragged edge, Then they won't RC as nice as plastic shell or a clean cut paper shell. Just my experience, others may have different results.

I have started to reload my own buckshot . I bought one of the bpi roll crimpers and a hull vise . I really makes a nice looking crimp .

Back