Antique Cleveland Shotgun

Rail Gun

Does anyone know the value of an antique cleveland shotgun in excellent working condition. It belonged to my grandfather and his father before him. It is at least 120 years old and had taken deer even recently, though it doesn't have a saftey. I don't want to ever sell it because it has incredible sentimental value but am just curious. It is the nicest looking longun I've ever seen, in my opinion.

Rail, DO NOT EVER SHOOT AN OLD SHOTGUN WITHOUT HAVING IT CHECKED OUT FIRST BY A COMPETENT SMITH!!!

Even quality arms of years past deteriorate, and many have been subject to untold abuse. Others were barely safe when brand new and using lower pressure ammo than commonly used now. Did you know that shotguns and hand grenades have about the same working pressures?

Even if the smith checks it out and has his mother shoot it in front of you, keep the loads on the light side. Shotguns are cheap, life is not.

Also, Harley Nolden's forum has the folks that know old guns. You may want to repost this or just wait for the Moderators to move it.

Back