Antique 22 ammo and BB caps for sale

fatbill

Hello,
I have a bunch of extremely old Peters, Remington High Speed, and Remington Mohawk rounds in 22 lr. Also have western super-x 22 long rifle shot and some really old 22 BB caps from RWS. Wondering if they are worth anything and if anyone wants them, or if I should just shoot them

It's a bad situation, if you get rid of them you will wonder about the fun you could of had shooting the up. If you shoot them up you will have to buy more because of all the fun you had shooting them up. It's a tuff situation, I guess you should shoot a few and see how things work out.

Shoot some and keep sell most. ...

I believe this is what is called, a conundrum. Here is my take. .... :rolleyes:
I have a bunch of extremely old Peters
Sell these to a collector as they bring good money. .....;)
Remington High Speed, and Remington Mohawk rounds in 22 lr.
Not really all that rare but not common. They do have some collector value so, sell or shoot at your pleasure.
Also have western super-x 22 long rifle
Are you sure these aren't Wincheter Super-X? These are excellent and I'd shoot these.
really old 22 BB caps from RWS.
Sell these as they too, are collectable. .

By now or very soon, you will get some PM's and see how close I came. .... ;)

Be Safe !!!

I figured I'll give a more accurate representation which I have PM'd to people that messaged me:

292 "golden bullet” Peters high velocity great condition (comes in 50 round Peters boxes in a big Peters box of 500, all in immaculate condition)

128 “golden bullet” Peters high velocity a bit rusty (comes in Remington Hi-Speed 22 boxes)

50 “golden bullet” Peters high velocity extremely rusty (comes in Remington Hi-Speed 22 box)

147 Remington Hi-Speed Mohawk Rounds in great shape (come in Mohawk boxes in great shape)

13 Western Super-X 22 shot in good shape (looks like there is wax or some residue on these, and they come in a Western Super-X box in somewhat poor condition)

12 RWS BB caps in great shape (come in a bag)

1 antique box of Hoppe's Gun Cleaning Patches for 22-.270 caliber in great condition

"Original boxes are probably worth more than their contents."

Exactly.

And original boxes with original contents bring the highest prices.

Generally, though, for .22 to be truly interesting to collectors, it needs to be made prior to World War II and the boxes need to be in really good condition.

After WW II, such huge quantities were made that there isn't nearly as much interest, or value. That doesn't mean, however, that you can't fetch nice prices for post WW II .22s.

Back