Anti reactions to Nordyke

tube_ee

I haven't seen any yet. And I'm not sure what to make of that.

I've checked the Brady and VPC websites, and I've seen nothing yet.

After Heller, they were all over the airwaves, simultaneously decrying the "activist decision" (with nary a trace of irony), and claiming that it didn't really matter all that much.

In particular, the limited jurisdiction of the decision was front and center in their arguments. They were all about saying that the State and local laws (that are their real bread-and-butter) weren't affected by the ruling.

But regarding Nordyke?

chirp... chirp... chirp.

What gives?

--Shannon

I'm not completely read up yet. My first guess would be that there's been virtually no news coverage reporting the decision and its impact. The scope is probably limited right now to those directly involved. I'm sure the outcome might not be what some wanted to hear. When that happens, things are hushed.

I know. It' mind numbing. I can only imagine they are trying to re-group, and assess their options for damage control. The near-universal panning of this story by major media outlets is conspicuous, to say the least.

I'm sure the antis would like to see this go en banc, so more of their liberal judges could weigh in. I think it's hopeless for them to overturn this. But, my understanding is that the 9th could elect to review en banc on their own.

The court has merely codified what everyone intuitively knew to be true. If this were to be somehow overturned (again very doubtful, in my mind) you can bet that would be widely reported.

I'm sure a few are staying as inebriated as possible to dull the pain. Also some may have done free diving off the Golden Gate.

As far as major news outlets, it's probably difficult to understand. I wouldn't have been able to immediately understand it if I hadn't been stduying the issue for a while.

I sent emails to several local news organizations. So far no response and no stories. Very wierd considering what a huge story it is.

I wonder how this decision will factor in to the newly filed bill by Lautenberg and future gun-control attempts. (I've not thought that question through just speaking outloud)

We therefore conclude that the right to keep and bear
arms is “deeply rooted in this Nation’s history and tradition.”
Colonial revolutionaries, the Founders, and a host of commentators
and lawmakers living during the first one hundred
years of the Republic all insisted on the fundamental nature
of the right. It has long been regarded as the “true palladium
of liberty.” Colonists relied on it to assert and to win their
independence, and the victorious Union sought to prevent a
recalcitrant South from abridging it less than a century later.
The crucial role this deeply rooted right has played in our
birth and history compels us to recognize that it is indeed fundamental,
that it is necessary to the Anglo-American conception
of ordered liberty that we have inherited.17 We are
therefore persuaded that the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth
Amendment incorporates the Second Amendment and
applies it against the states and local governments

Booyah Nancy Pelosi and company... this makes me happy :D

Back