Anschutz 64 F class

redlightrich

Hello all, I am strongly considering this rifle, but know little about the brand. I may compete somewhere down the line, but will basically use this for casual bench rest shooting at 50 and 100 yards.

No, I don't expect to win national titles with it, but I hoped it would out perform my CZ rifle. The CZ is great, for it's price point, however this rifle is much more.

Is there any reason to avoid a 64 series Anschutz? It has a 5098 trigger and weighs 8 pounds or so.

Thank you for any insight you can provide

Rich

Anschutz is pretty much the last word in .22LR (smallbore) target rifles.
One gun writer referred to them as 'insanely accurate' and I liked the phrase.

You can read about their history here.
http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/index.php5?menu=344&sprache=1

I remember back in the 1960's there was lots of discussion about which was better, Winchester 52 or Anschutz 64. (Kind of like Ford/Chevy debates.) Winchester won more at Camp Perry and Anschutz won more at the Olympics.

The price is crazy high and whether the extra accuracy is worth it is up to you. Some folk here have said their CZ rifles shoot right along with their Anschutz rifles.

If the price is no object then go for it.

Anschutz makes high end .22 target rifles. Had 6 of 'em(not 64's. Don't remember the model. 190's, I think.) when I ran my CF Army Cadet Corps, long ago. A decent shooter could drive tacks even with the low end IVI ammo we got(you can't get it. Isn't made.).
Dunno if it'll shoot better than a CZ target rifle. Depends a lot on the ammo you use. Lotta money at $1300ish. Match sight sets start at $350ish. Champion's Choice has 'em.

The Anschutz 64 series is the #2 line of their smallbore rifles. The first line being the 54 series. The 64's are no less then outstanding. More accurate then any domestic model.

64s are pretty far down the Anschutz line anymore, but a good rifle nonetheless. I helped a customer sell one last year, seemed like everybody was looking for a model 54. It shot OK, no better than my Remington 541T off the bench. Had another customer pick up a Anschutz 5430 (the newest version of the 54) and it really shoots.

4EVERM14-good catch. I really did mean Anschutz 54 but I fumble fingered it.

Now days the Anschutz top of the line looks like something from a science fiction movie. When I was shooting it looked something like this.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...rxweQ#imgrc=Zwbrm3Bb7x8S2M:&spf=1498773655705

Our coach had one of these and let us shoot it on occasion.

Once again good catch on my 64/54 error.

Today's top of the line Anschutz:
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...M47qE#imgrc=ncpJIpYmV8sUBM:&spf=1498774031642

Thank you all for your help. I have decided to buy this, mostly because I will appreciate the accuracy, and it will be fun for me to try to find its ability. I am also a sucker for limited models. Expensive, yes, but heck, I really don't spend a lot of money on anything else.

Again, thank you for your help

Rich

Back