another stupid question

SEAN WILLIAMS

upon disassembly of the mags for my S & W 40VE, i noticed that there are two speed bumps, or indentations on the inside of the magazine body and that the base of the magazine spring (about 3/4 of an inch) is compressed. my question is how, or can I(?) turn these 10 round mags into higher cap mags. No flames please, I just cant' afford to buy new pre ban hi caps mags, and keep my wife happy :)

Legally, you would be in hot water if caught. As to how you would go about it, I'm told by experts that anyone who provided that information could be charged with a conspiracy rap if they knew that you were actually going to try it. I don't agree with the law, but that is one that at this time, I choose not to make a stand on.
I recommend that you just suck it up & use as is or save for some high caps. i occasionally come across good deals on high caps on the auction sites & at gun shows. Sometimes they are quantity deals at good per mag prices. If more than you want, maybe you could split a buy with a friend who has the same model gun.
Please don't risk your freedom over 5 rounds of ammo capacity.

thanks for the reply. Wow, I really had now idea that gun legislation in our country was that oppressive :( I mean I know things are getting bad, but... and I thought I was in the know on things like this.

If you look closely, your mag is a piece of folded steel that is held together by small spot welds on the back. There is a parting line where the back comes together. Grinding out those bumps will defeat the welds, thus leaving you with a useless paperweight sleeve that won't work!

Tom

PS I Echo what BBBBill said, it's just not worth it.

------------------
A "Miss" is the ultimate overpenetration!
You can never be too rich, too skinny, or too well armed!

Back