Another Shooting Range Shooting

Ewok

You won't have any trouble verifying this one. Last night at National Shooting Club Range - www.nscrange.com - in Santa Clara CA, some nut case apparently tried to commit suicide by range employee. I don't have all of the details yet, but according to what I heard on the radio, a man rented a 9mm carbine, did some target shooting, and then went out into the store area. He shot the ceiling and some glass display cases, then herded the employees into a corner. Finally, one of the employees pulled a gun and shot him twice. I gather at that point they took the carbine away from him. When the police arrived, he wouldn't cooperate and show his hands, so the police shot him a few more times (with "plastic" bullets). The NC is in the hospital in critical condition. AFAIK, no one else was hurt.

BTW, I shoot there at least once a month, and had been planning to go sometime this past weekend. I'm glad I wasn't on the range, because I would have taken him down.

I haven't heard yet whether he was a first time visitor.

Ewok,
My co-worker dove by on 101 around 9 pm when fire engines and cops had already arrived at the scene.
I was almost gonna go yesterday around 7:00 pm ish cuz my friends BBQ was getting boring. Good thing I didn't

my best guess is he rented the ar-15 that normally sits behind the counter next to the shotugn. One of the employees there told me that it was converted to 9
www.sfgate.com has a small blurb about it

They state in the article that 'Stevens [the perp] ... appeared unstable'. This is after he shot up the place and held the employees at gun point.

I wonder what tipped them off? ;)

at NSC the process for renting a club gun is pretty simple if you've shot there before. Otherwise you have to fill out some forms it takes like 5-10 minutes. First timers also go out with an instructor some times

------------------
It ain't mah fault. did I do dat?

Back