Another set of pistols to share

Rookie21

Thought I'd share yet another set of competitive muzzleloading pistols. Flint and cap built by David Brooks, the Revolver not sure. The first time I shot at the Nationals at friendship I had only been shooting for two and half (maybe closer to three) months with muzzleloaders. A little longer with a Ruger MKIII. I didn't own my own guns. These were the guns I was learning on. But didn't even have the revolver. We got it when we arrived at the Nationals. So until the match I had no revolver experience. I shot as an unclassified temporary master and won the 25 yard slow fire match both cap and flint, the 50 yard slow fire revolver match, 2nd place in each pistol agg in the master class and 1st place overall in the master class. I shot a 915 and classified as high master. I didn't even know what I had done until the end when someone told me exited for me. I just took the guns and shot at and when I was told to shoot.

When I was at Ben Avery, I didn't see any revolver with extended sights or lightened hammers. Learn something new every day.

The next thing ya' know, someone is gonna' come up with a belt feed muzzle loader.
You just watch.

Now that's funny! :D

Well, you got me thinking about it...

Maybe not a muzzle loader...

Maybe a percussion rifle using self-contained, totally-combustible (using some state-of-the-art combustible envelopement) solid BP cartridges using a Minie' ball as the projectile (the belt can be something (?) that has no recyclable parts such as links) and a mechanism to load, seat, and eject 209 shotgun primers, using the AR platform and an oversized gas tube to operate the bolt.

[Sure would create a LOT of smoke but, whenever I see Western movies that employ a Gatling gun, there is little smoke because of the use of smokeless powder (in the movie) which was not available until the 1890's. I would like to see a vid of a Gatling using BP without a breeze occurring at the time of firing.]

What think ye?

If these guys can create a rear-facing flintlock on a 1911 or Ruger MK whatever platform, they have the smarts to figure this out.

If so, it would drive the BATFE freaking nuts.

Jim

Back