Another school shooting..Baton Rouge!!

DC

Moderator Emeritus
Details sketchy, just came in on ABC news...Middle school shooting in Baton Rouge

Gads!

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"

Like I said...details are sketchy. I'm all over the Net and the radio and can't get anything more. Guess the next bit will come in at the top of the hour

------------------

Scotlandville middleschool... One student wounded, 2 arrested. The arrestees had been expelled a few days ago, came back and shot a 14yr old in the face...critical condition

Thats all right now

------------------

I haven't been able to find a damn thing on ANY TV source about this .....

If anyone has any info onthe Net, PLEASE post a URL..

Thanks

[This message has been edited by Rob (edited April 22, 1999).]

Its on ABC radio news. The TV and Websites haven't caught up....and the radio is just blurbs at the top of the hour.

Anyway...latest:

The 2 shooters were outside the school, shot and wounded a 14 yr old girl....not as badly as first reported. The shooters were arrested.

------------------

No and I am really puzzled. I watched ABC news, no mention.
I called the radio station that broadcasted it every hour for 4 hrs til I shut it off (the tape feed from ABC radio) and they said they just play what they get.

I'd say maybe some of our Southern forumites should look into it.

------------------

DC, i live just north of the La. border, but i only caught the tail end of the story. i thought my better half said a teacher got shot in the face, but don't hold me to that.
if i get more info i will post.

oddly enough, the hospital where my wife works(in N.E. La.) had a bomb drill yesterday. i guess everyone gettin' shook up!

------------------
fiat justitia

[This message has been edited by longhair (edited April 23, 1999).]

I heard three instances of "copy cat violence" on the news this morning:

A school that evacuated because of a bomb threat.

One student was suspended for talking about making pipe bombs.. I assume in a threatening manner.

Three students in NJ were suspended for wearing black trenchcoats and "pantomiming gunfire".

I heard no mention of this shooting in LA.. what is up?

The Dallas area has had their share of so-called copy-cat incidents.

Mesquite High School (Dallas County) students began filing out of class when a rumor of a bomb threat started floating around. School officials were reluctant to let the students go, and those who did leave will supposedly be punished!

At Wylie High School (Collin County), someone spray-painted threatening remarks on one of the school walls.

At The Colony High School (Denton County), a girl was expelled because she threatened to shoot a class mate at a later time.

At North Garland High School (Dallas County), a boy was expelled for discussing, "hypothetically", where the ideal placement for bombs would be for that school.

Just makes me sick.

[This message has been edited by Bulldog (edited April 24, 1999).]

Back