Another rookie question

oldknotty

Hey guys i am back with another question :-) I have been out all day hitting all my local stores looking for Black powder and minnie balls for my .58 cal rifle .I live in Cincinnati and it seems there is NONE available here or in Northern Kentucky . I hate to buy it online because of the $25 extra charge but i need some to shoot with any ideas or suggestions please ??? I have looked online but it seems you can only buy in quantity ???
Martin

I just left Friendship Indiana yeaterday. Was there for 9 days. They have tons
of Black Powder. Friendship is only a hour from you. They had all the caps you
would want also. Thousands. You do have to be a member of NMLRA to buy
powder. All the bullets too.

I am disabled and unable to drive much , so I would have to have someone drive me there ?? i am trying to find somewhere local that my wife can take me so i can buy the powder and caps and bullets that i need to go shooting .I would LOVE to go to Friendship but it is not going to happen any time soon :-)
Martin

I have been out all day hitting all my local stores looking for Black powder .....$25 extra.

In all honesty if you spent all day, you burned up the $25 in gas at today's gas prices, spend the $25 and get your powder.

I'd buy the powder in bulk to take away the sting of the $25 haz mat or shipping fee. Then again, there's the storage problem and you don't want the stuff beneath your bed.

As for minie balls, cast your own.

Places to look for BP

In Northern KY you can try Shooters Supply and Sporting Goods. Store Address is 3450 Richardson Road, Independence. Or if you are further north there is a place in South Lebanon called Country Attic Treasures 3995 Hudson Ave South Lebanon, Ohio (just north of Mason) I would call ahead of course but both of these places have served me well when I lived in Cincinnati.

Back