Another Republican Leaving

K80Geoff

Newsday, the local fishwrap here on Long Island NY reported yesterday that Representative Michael Forbes, a "Conservative" republican will switch to the Democratic Party.

www.newsday.com/news/ncovsat.htm

This guy is definitely anti RKBA, supported the McCarthy bill that was defeated in congress.

My own opinion of him, living in an adjoining district, is that he would sell his mother to make headlines. He was the one who would not vote for gingrich for speaker after the last Congressional elections after Gingrich got him elected in 94. The Democrats deserve him, he will fit right in.

But the Republicans edge is growing thinner in congress. Personally I believe that we will see more defections in the near future in NY. This place is starting to make California look good.

You are probably right. Then in a few years the conservatives will have to come back in to clean up their mess again.

I'm also seeing this with our supposed "friends" in the state house also.

Classic Leutenant No Balls ,Republicans. Nothing new.

For some reason that song, "True Colors" keeps running through my head. Hmm.

------------------

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed -- and thus clamorous to be led to safety -- by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary." -- H.L. Mencken

This doesn't really surprise me. Rememer, after the '94 Republican landslide, alot of Dems "became" Repubs. This "defection" to the Republican Party occured to a lesser degree prior to '94, as well.

Do some research into your elected representatives and find out what their party affiliations previoulsy were. You may very well be surpprised, and dismayed.

Back