Another reason to be Condition Yellow at all times

Oatka

Dear Sarah Brady: Please tell me again why I shouldn't have a handgun?

"Ruskin kidnapper, rapist being sought

By JOSE PATINO GIRONA and LIZ BLEAU of The Tampa Tribune

RUSKIN - Authorities say the same man may have kidnapped a woman and five hours later raped a teenager in a home invasion.

Hillsborough County sheriff's deputies saturated the Ruskin area Thursday looking for a suspect in the kidnapping of a 21-year-old woman Wednesday night and the rape of a 16-year-old girl Thursday morning.

The first attack happened about 9:05 p.m. when the woman was returning to her car at Sun Point Plaza, 3036 College Ave. As she was getting in her car, a man approached, forced her into the vehicle at knifepoint, and made her drive him around, the sheriff's office said.

He then struck her on the head, causing her to lose her glasses and run into a telephone pole at 1202 U.S. 41 in front of the Coastal Mart Store.

The store clerk, Diane Bush, 48, saw the man hitting the woman with his fists. He then ran away on U.S. 41 and was almost struck by a car. The woman ran to the store seeking help.

``Let me in. He's trying to kill me. He has a knife,'' Bush said she heard the woman yelling.

``It's a scream I'll remember. It was blood-curdling,'' Bush said. ``I keep hearing it.''

The woman suffered minor injuries, according to the sheriff's office.

At 1:50 a.m., less than two miles from where the woman's car crashed, a man fitting the description of the kidnapper entered a home in the area of Fifth Avenue S.E. He tied up an adult woman and raped a 16-year-old girl, the sheriff's office said. He then fled the scene. The sheriff's office is not releasing the address of the attack.

``We have concern that it's the same guy,'' said Sgt. Rod Reder, a sheriff's office spokesman. ``The descriptions are similar.''

Both victims described their attacker as a white man with brown hair, about 5 feet 6 inches tall, weighing 150 pounds with a thin build. They said he wore a dark shirt and pants and carried a knife.

The rape victim said he had a goatee and mustache. The kidnap victim said she thought he didn't have facial hair. She thought he was 20 to 25, while the rape victim was unsure of his age.

Reder said it isn't unusual for two victims to give different descriptions. Investigators are more concerned about height, weight and build, which are consistent in this case.

``When we have a bank robbery, we can have five tellers give us five different descriptions,'' said Reder, who added that the attacks occurred in the dark and the suspect could have put on a fake beard.

The sheriff's office had 30 deputies and detectives interviewing people and showing a description of the suspect, Reder said.

``We got it pretty well saturated,'' said sheriff's Cpl. Jim Lewis. ``We just have to wait, and hopefully something will break loose.'' "

------------------
The New World Order has a Third Reich odor.

Why, if that girl who got raped or that woman who was savagely beaten HAD had a gun, there's a chance he could have taken it away from them, and then where would they have been?
Oh yeah--they'd have gotten raped and brutally beaten.
I wonder if they didn't carry because it's bad for The Children.

------------------
Don

"Its not criminals that go into schools and shoot children"
--Ann Pearston, British Gun Control apologist and moron

The one saving grace about rapists...their proper end is a no-brainer. Death, preferably administered by the intended prey...preferably before damage actually occurs. That is why I enjoy teaching women to shoot...hopes that someday one of them might bag a goblin.

Back